Modme Forums

how to let something swing?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Ahmed02354
How Do i let something swing because of the wind?

as exampole the giant robot head in the giant that swings a little bit

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

Ahmed02354
How Do i let something swing because of the wind? as exampole the giant robot head in the giant that swings a little bit

thats an animation built in to the model

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ahmed02354

mathfag
Ahmed02354 How Do i let something swing because of the wind? as exampole the giant robot head in the giant that swings a little bit thats an animation built in to the model

Well how can I apply that to a model, because when I put the giant robot head in my map its not swinging

ModmeBot:

make sure you're using the model

p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_smod

and make sure that the kvp "siege_anim" says

p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_sanim

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

mathfag
make sure you're using the model p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_smod and make sure that the kvp "siege_anim" says p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_sanim

So i can't have a lamp hanging from the ceiling with its light swinging around a bit? Or can i?

Maybe with having multiple ones and hide, show, hide show, hide, show,... But i tried that with something else to make it look like it's spinning around, but it'll basically flash.

ModmeBot:

mathfag
make sure you're using the model p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_smod and make sure that the kvp "siege_anim" says p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_sanim

Well I have this and its not swinging...

ModmeBot:

Reply By: easyskanka
have you got FX running while in radiant?

ModmeBot:

easyskanka
have you got FX running while in radiant?

yes I guess, because fire etc does play

ModmeBot:

Try retriggering the FX.

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
mathfag make sure you're using the model p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_smod and make sure that the kvp "siege_anim" says p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_sanim So i can't have a lamp hanging from the ceiling with its light swinging around a bit? Or can i? Maybe with having multiple ones and hide, show, hide show, hide, show,... But i tried that with something else to make it look like it's spinning around, but it'll basically flash.

I think you can but it's a little complicated and you need to know a little about scripting (i never tried this so dont shoot me). Basically you hang your lamp (dyn_model) on a rope (entity browser) and then add a "playfxontag" to the model in a script. Make sure that its a light fx

ModmeBot:

mathfag
soul-toktzt mathfag make sure you're using the model p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_smod and make sure that the kvp "siege_anim" says p7_fxanim_zm_factory_robot_head_sanim So i can't have a lamp hanging from the ceiling with its light swinging around a bit? Or can i? Maybe with having multiple ones and hide, show, hide show, hide, show,... But i tried that with something else to make it look like it's spinning around, but it'll basically flash. I think you can but it's a little complicated and you need to know a little about scripting (i never tried this so dont shoot me). Basically you hang your lamp (dyn_model) on a rope (entity browser) and then add a "playfxontag" to the model in a script. Make sure that its a light fx

Hmm... I'll try it once i finished this area i'm working on :)

PS. Do you know if there's a file somewhere with all the functions you can use in a script so you can see how you have to script something??
I'm trying to trigger an explosion FX with PLAYFX, 1.5 seconds after a trigger_use, but i haven't been able to make it work yet.