Modme Forums

Light Bleeding

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

Runis:

I've been messing around in blockout rooms to practice reflection probes but I've been getting a weird light bleeding I'm not used to seeing. Normally its the sun bleeding through walls but not this time.

this is my room / reflection probe setup ( sun volume and probes at default settings, brushes same texture on all faces )

SIDE

Looking fine no leaking until I walk into a wall or go prone on the floor

What exactly is wrong? It's all default settings so idk if there's your standard tweaks always made to all sun volumes / probes I'm just not using.

Spiki:

You don't have bleeding as far as i can see.
In the first game pic the light on the ground is light coming through the window.
The bleeding on the gun on the last pic is normal. The gun is outside of the probe. You can see this effect on official maps too
You're fine fam

Runis:

You don't have bleeding as far as i can see.
In the first game pic the light on the ground is light coming through the window.
The bleeding on the gun on the last pic is normal. The gun is outside of the probe. You can see this effect on official maps too
You're fine fam

Wish there was a fix though, its super aggressive. Best thing I could do was a not so bright daytime skybox or just nighttime to look more like a shadow.

Spiki:

duplicate the sun settings in APE and play with the values. They should change realtime in radiant but you still need to hit the lightning bolt to update the probes

Runis:

duplicate the sun settings in APE and play with the values. They should change realtime in radiant but you still need to hit the lightning bolt to update the probes

I messed around with values which unfortunately didn't help, it's the sun volume's global probe making it so bright. Default_day is the brightest one out there, there's more tame skyboxes though. I'm gonna try blacking out the bottom half of the skybox to see if I could at least fix the light leaking when prone.