Modme Forums

Steam ID’s for Secret Rooms?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

Fanatic:

Been seeing map creators use peoples Steam ID's to grant them access to Secret Rooms for bonuses on the map and was wondering how this is done?

nekkozrgfr:

i doubt its possible to make it grab a steamID, but def possible with username:

self getName() == "Noot"

edit: a month later, hope you still waiting for notification

Sleepy216:

self getName() == "Noot"

Is getName for lua? I tried GetName in gsc and csc, both resulting in crashes. It also isn't in the scriptapi.
GetPlayerName worked for me in csc and self.name worked for me in gsc however

Fanatic:

self getName() == "Noot"

Logical has a way to do it with Steam64ID which can prevent people with the same name to get access, he said he was going to put out a guide for it later on. I can use this to test for now tho so thank you :)

Spiki:

I’m not home so idk the right func but its something like getxuid() or playerxuid(). Look up xuid in the gsc html file in the docs folder. Tldr this returns a string of the hex value of the players steam id which you can also find on the internet. Note on the net it might be decimal not hex

Fanatic:

I’m not home so idk the right func but its something like getxuid() or playerxuid(). Look up xuid in the gsc html file in the docs folder. Tldr this returns a string of the hex value of the players steam id which you can also find on the internet. Note on the net it might be decimal not hex

alr I'll look into it, thanks :)