Modme Forums

Custom character help please

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

DrCrazy2025:

Hi i am trying to make tf2 characters in my zombies map i know how to import it into blender then export and all that but i dont know how replace the cast for the map and make sure animations/models arent all broken they all seem to be missing the mainroot bone i dont know how to fix that since any wikis about this dont have the proper information for custom characters like these only other cod models

ERROR: bone 'j_mainroot' for bone controller 'pelvis' not found
^1Could not load mesh 'zombie\tf2\spy.XMODEL_BIN' for xmodel 'spy'
xmodel:spy

this is the error i get when putting the model in the map

Harry Bo21:

Because it’s bones are totally different?

It needs to be re-rigged?

It’s not as simple as “how I fix error” lol

eDeK:

https://wiki.ardivee.com/article/create-viewlegs-full-body/

Harry Bo21:

As usual that isn’t what he asked…

He needs to rig a player model, not make player view arms and legs

eDeK:

Harry do you know any "tutorial / video / website" that explains step by step "how to rig a player model" correctly to show it for this dude ?

Harry Bo21:

Not specifically but the “process” he’s after is either - how to paint weights

Or

- how to make a conversion rig

DrCrazy2025:

https://wiki.ardivee.com/article/create-viewlegs-full-body/

Thank you for this video its hard trying to find information and or documents on some subjects for mod tools when there is like 4-5 different wikis

Sleepy216:

Not specifically but the “process” he’s after is either - how to paint weights

Or

- how to make a conversion rig

Just curious, is making a conversion rig just rigging a new set of joints to an already rigged model? Or is there more to the process?
For example, rip bo3 view arms, rip bo1 viewarms for the joints. Open bo3 arms in maya, drag in bo1 joints. Then proceed to line up the new joints and combine them to the mesh and paint the weights?

I've been wondering if it's more than that, I assume it is haha. I don't expect you to go in detail if it is. Thanks regardless