Modme Forums

WIP Whitechapel Zombies Map

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | General Discussion

808abc:

Hi guys, I'm making a zombies map in the Whitechapel area of East London for a Jack The Ripper themed zombies map

This is my first zombies map and I have spent the last 2 days working on it

I am very bad at scripting so am welcoming help from members of the community! It would be cool to have custom zombies from the 1800's period with some cool models

Here is my work so far. I have started the chapel, the pub, the factory, the grave yard, the river and the houses. also the road

Here are some screenshots of the map inside radiant

Here is my floor plans i drew on paper

Here is some real life photos for reference

I think it would be cool if you could go round to pick up clues around the map to try and solve the murders, maybe even play as jack the ripper himself, or the police force, but the town has been over run by zombies, just an idea

its my first zombies map and its very fun to play around in, its very open with wide areas so its liberating

i would be able to would love to incorporate maybe all the places the murders happened, including mitre square etc

i would love some help and feedback, thanks alot guys

Sleepy216:

Good start! I would recommend that you take your time when making each building. Yes it's a good idea to layout some brushes just for general layout planning, but when you start making the buildings, it's best to just add some detail while you are at it. You don't have to fully detail it before moving on to the next building, but you will save yourself a lot of time detailing your map if you just add some detail as you go.
If you haven't watched them, Blackjackjohnny made an amazing detailing series back in the day for WaW, most of the concepts still apply for bo3. It's definitely worth watching when you have the time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIkU1xPvgfJQgo0w3o1PzVw

808abc:

Good start! I would recommend that you take your time when making each building. Yes it's a good idea to layout some brushes just for general layout planning, but when you start making the buildings, it's best to just add some detail while you are at it. You don't have to fully detail it before moving on to the next building, but you will save yourself a lot of time detailing your map if you just add some detail as you go.
If you haven't watched them, Blackjackjohnny made an amazing detailing series back in the day for WaW, most of the concepts still apply for bo3. It's definitely worth watching when you have the time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIkU1xPvgfJQgo0w3o1PzVw

thanks for posting that link, tutorials are really helpful as ive added a buyable door and need to add or remove dogs

i work like most map makers in my opinion, i just want to get the shape right before i start modelling, i add detail where i see neccesseary

i like to make sure i have a good layout before applying any sort of detail

i will check out the videos i hope they still apply to radiant because im loving the new look on radiant its very easy to use compared to iw3 etc the bulk of the map is important to get down just as a perspective and i can mould + shape it as i go

Sleepy216:

thanks for posting that link, tutorials are really helpful as ive added a buyable door and need to add or remove dogs

i work like most map makers in my opinion, i just want to get the shape right before i start modelling, i add detail where i see neccesseary

i like to make sure i have a good layout before applying any sort of detail

i will check out the videos i hope they still apply to radiant because im loving the new look on radiant its very easy to use compared to iw3 etc the bulk of the map is important to get down just as a perspective and i can mould + shape it as i go

No problem at all. Most of his relevant tutorials are about patchwork and detailing. There are quite a few good youtubes that do/did the normal tutorials.
Like i said, it's a good idea to lay out brushes to get an idea of how you want the layout.
I was more or less just pointing out the buildings need some work. You said this was your first zombie map so I was assuming you had never done any modding. Some first time mappers would've called that church a "finished" building. :p

I guess I just do layouts different than normal mappers haha. Mine are normally just brushes in rough sizes/shapes of the buildings, and thats it. I don't bother adding windows, roofs, etc untill I'm making and detailing that building.