Modme Forums

FLASHLIGHT - PUBLIC RELEASE

Game Asset Reversing | Releases

Holofya:

I'm not sure if this actually should be a "release", but I did quite a bit of custom script for this (and I "made" the UV fx). I would also like to say that I have no idea who made the base for this (FX, sound, original gsc/csc) so if you do know, please let me know and I'll credit them. For now I will say sharpgamers4you is the source because that's what I was told.

Features:

• Toggleable, basic flashlight
  • Automatically enabled flashlight using triggers or zones
  • UV light that reveals hidden objects
  • UV light can be toggled while in an automatic flashlight zone
  • Flashlight and UV light activation hints
  • Ability to make flashlight and UV light wait for a notify before they are useable (they can use separate notifies)
  • Ability to have flashlight and UV light activated per person or for all players (again, they can be changed separately)
Note: the flashlight cannot be toggled (aside from UV) when using the automatic flashlight. I can change this if people want this to be possible
Note 2: the game may or may not crash when a player disconnects, if it does happen please let me know so I can fix it (I can't test it right now) 😅

I would like to thank the person that originally released this for their work (whoever that may be :/ ) and I would also like credit for my work as well if you use this 🙏.
I hope this helps out everyone that's looking for a flashlight :)

Flashlight v1.0

Happy mapping

mario807906:

I'm not sure if this actually should be a "release", but I did quite a bit of custom script for this (and I "made" the UV fx). I would also like to say that I have no idea who made the base for this (FX, sound, original gsc/csc) so if you do know, please let me know and I'll credit them. For now I will say sharpgamers4you is the source because that's what I was told.

Features:
  • Ability to make flashlight and UV light wait for a notify before they are useable (they can use separate notifies)
  • Ability to have flashlight and UV light activated per person or for all players (again, they can be changed separately)
Note: the flashlight cannot be toggled (aside from UV) when using the automatic flashlight. I can change this if people want this to be possible
Note 2: the game may or may not crash when a player disconnects, if it does happen please let me know so I can fix it (I can't test it right now) 😅

I would like to thank the person that originally released this for their work (whoever that may be :/ ) and I would also like credit for my work as well if you use this 🙏.

Flashlight v1.0

Happy mapping

holy crap it works like a charm, i will credit u.

sharpgamers4you:

I am not the original scripter of the function, the og one was done years ago but not from the known users, if i see the name then i will recognize it, its not a youtuber or a known mapper.
However it was seriously buggy so i fixed most if not all bugs but then later when i wanted to add the credits i messed up the fixed version and og version, then the og version was gone.
Can't remmeber if it was here or ugx but i think it was on ugx forums, however like i said i am not the original scripter of the flashlight, but i am the one holding the scripts exactly how the og version was made, then people made different versions of the ones i had

sharpgamers4you:

Sorry for the spam but this is amazing!
Also there are like 5 or 6 versions of the same (kinda) scripts now hahahhaa
However your version is the most outstanding.
I just added fixes and 2 different versions of it where 1 is somewhere in my old drive.

Amazing work bro finally the flashlight script has been finished 🙌

mario807906:

Features:

Flashlight v1.0

Happy mapping

I have one criticism though the flashlight is like attached to the gun and that is fine and all but it makes it hard to see when reloading because it follows the gun if it reload animation goes side ways which makes it hard to see. are you able to make it be on the player or something else. sorry for all the requests and if you cant do that than that's fine.

Holofya:

Sorry for the spam but this is amazing!
Also there are like 5 or 6 versions of the same (kinda) scripts now hahahhaa
However your version is the most outstanding.
I just added fixes and 2 different versions of it where 1 is somewhere in my old drive.

Amazing work bro finally the flashlight script has been finished 🙌

You think it's finished? 👀
Thanks though :D I spent a bit of time messing about with it, moved it into it's own files, then was sort of hinted at to make the UV version from Cold War. The UV one is a little buggy still, mostly because I don't actually know the exact 3D geometry/math behind how the Thundergun works (I used a bit of the script from it for the sight detection). I just hope it helps everyone out that needs a flashlight, they can find the link a bit easier and it should have more than enough functionality than the average mapper will use.

Holofya:

I have one criticism though the flashlight is like attached to the gun and that is fine and all but it makes it hard to see when reloading because it follows the gun if it reload animation goes side ways which makes it hard to see. are you able to make it be on the player or something else. sorry for all the requests and if you cant do that than that's fine.

I'll have to check that out, it might take a bit but I'll look into it

mario807906:

I'll have to check that out, it might take a bit but I'll look into it

thank you Holofya I will wait patiently.-thanks for the flashlight tho true hero.

Harry Bo21:

play the fx from the camera tag instead of a tag on the gun then

Simple change

Wouldn’t even need the “grenade fix” shite then anyway

mario807906:

play the fx from the camera tag instead of a tag on the gun then

Simple change

Wouldn’t even need the “grenade fix” shite then anyway

idk how to do that do i have to go into the gsc or...

Harry Bo21:

idk how to do that do i have to go into the gsc or...

Open the csc and look? It’ll have “tag_

Something somewhere, change it?

mario807906:

Open the csc and look? It’ll have “tag_

Something somewhere, change it?

so I changed but I guess it is in my character because the characters body sometimes is covering the flashlight, or adding a shadow where it shouldn't be.

Spiki:

Move the light a bit forward in the fx editor