Modme Forums

Making custom player models

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Models & Animation

mario807906:

Hey I really need to know how to make player models in bo3 mod tools, I can extract the character models in greyhound but I don’t know how to set them up to be playable. I hope some one can help me.

Sleepy216:

I think every game uses different joints than bo3, so you have to rig the models yourself in maya if you want them to work in bo3. If you are trying to use bo3 models, you can use this tutorial to learn how to add the custom player models. At the top it says it only works for mods, but one of the notes tells you how to do it without a mod. It's super simple.
https://wiki.zeroy.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_bo3:_ZM_Player_Models_2
forgot you'll probably want the first part too haha.
https://wiki.zeroy.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_bo3:_ZM_Player_Models

nekkozrgfr:

just export richtofen playermodel, import in maya, you'll have the mesh and the skeleton.

-remove all the mesh
-remove the 245756897686 useless bones on the head
-import your custom model on maya
-move bones so they are inside of your model
-link bones
-paint weight

done

Harry Bo21:

just export richtofen playermodel, import in maya, you'll have the mesh and the skeleton.

-remove all the mesh
-remove the 245756897686 useless bones on the head
-import your custom model on maya
-move bones so they are inside of your model
-link bones
-paint weight

done
those bones are not useless - you have to make them as “cosmetic” to be able to port it coz it’s over 255

nekkozrgfr:

those bones are not useless - you have to make them as “cosmetic” to be able to port it coz it’s over 255

they are useless. unless you are doing a treyarch-level playermodel, which isnt the case for 99,9999% of mappers

mario807906:

they are useless. unless you are doing a treyarch-level playermodel, which isnt the case for 99,9999% of mappers

Wait so those bones are meant for eye movement and facial movements. If to imma try keep them. Thanks guys I know now what I must do…I’m sorry for that reference but right now sadly I can’t maya to work.

Harry Bo21:

For the sake of clicking one button - no they are important

- completely static face looks awful

mario807906:

Yeah

I agree it honestly just make the whole character ugly and dead. Also I hope I can get maya to work.

Sleepy216:

Yeah

I agree it honestly just make the whole character ugly and dead. Also I hope I can get maya to work.

What issue are you having with maya? what version do you have?

mario807906:

What issue are you having with maya? what version do you have?

I had the 2020 light or Maya 2020 LT version and it wouldn't add the plugins and I had all the right plugins and added the script thing and it still wouldn't work... I emailed sg4y because he said he will help those who need like the full version of Maya.. but if you can help me that be lit too

Sleepy216:

I had the 2020 light or Maya 2020 LT version and it wouldn't add the plugins and I had all the right plugins and added the script thing and it still wouldn't work... I emailed sg4y because he said he will help those who need like the full version of Maya.. but if you can help me that be lit too

Oh, I have no clue about maya light. I wouldn't want to mislead you on that sorry. With a quick google, it says custom plugins are not supported on maya lt.
Does Autodesk no longer allow "students" to get the full version of Maya for free for a few years? When I installed maya, all you needed was a .edu to get it for like 3 years.

mario807906:

Oh, I have no clue about maya light. I wouldn't want to mislead you on that sorry. With a quick google, it says custom plugins are not supported on maya lt.
Does Autodesk no longer allow "students" to get the full version of Maya for free for a few years? When I installed maya, all you needed was a .edu to get it for like 3 years.

No it’s good now I got a “working” one but I honestly don’t know how to use but I wish there was a video specifically for making custom player models, but since there’s not one I will have to watch various YouTube videos to know what I am doing- which will be very annoying and time consuming. But if there is no video on it and I learn how to do it I will make my own video that way I and everyone else will know how to do it. But if there is a video that will be more awesome if you can send me it cuz I am not very good with reading instructions but videos works wonders for me..

nekkozrgfr:

yeah because when you're playing zombie, the only thing you're looking at is your own fucking character?
harry moment

mario807906:

yeah because when you're playing zombie, the only thing you're looking at is your own fucking character?
harry moment

Hey I think Harry is right. I like it when the players face doesn’t look like it’s memeory been wiped. But my opinion.

nekkozrgfr:

Hey I think Harry is right. I like it when the players face doesn’t look like it’s memeory been wiped. But my opinion.

no one, every, will look the player model face for 30s straight, just to see if their eyes are blinking

mario807906:

no one, every, will look the player model face for 30s straight, just to see if their eyes are blinking

True but… I like it. - my opinion.

Sleepy216:

harry moment

You do know some people have friends they game with right? They often meme around and have been known to look at each others player models. At least I hear that's a thing, I wouldn't know.
You don't have to be so rude man. I get that there's some bad blood that I don't know about, nor am I interested in the drama, so please don't fill me in.
However being rude out of nowhere, just breeds more hostility and hate on an already dying forum. No need to push more people away.

No it’s good now I got a “working” one but I honestly don’t know how to use but I wish there was a video specifically for making custom player models, but since there’s not one I will have to watch various YouTube videos to know what I am doing- which will be very annoying and time consuming. But if there is no video on it and I learn how to do it I will make my own video that way I and everyone else will know how to do it. But if there is a video that will be more awesome if you can send me it cuz I am not very good with reading instructions but videos works wonders for me..

Oh that's good to know, glad it's working now.
Well nekkroz did give you a quick run down. It's not nearly as hard as you think. You can learn everything except paining weights in just a few minutes. The hardest part is painting weights, but even it isn't super hard to understand. It just takes some messing around with to get the mesh moving properly with the joints without weird stretches. I've never personally messed with rigging a face, so I don't know how difficult that is, but bodies are easy.
this is a pretty simple tutorial for painting weights i found.

it doesn't show the binding process, but that's easy. Line up the bo3 joints in your player model, click the joints you want to control the body, make sure the dropdown menu is on "rigging" and then click the tab "skin" then "bind skin". You can click the little box by "bind skin" to make sure the "bind to" is set to selected joints. You can also play with other options, like the influences.

Harry Bo21:

harry moment
yea no one ever plays coop

I’m such an asshole

Dick_Nixon:

Hey I really need to know how to make player models in bo3 mod tools, I can extract the character models in greyhound but I don’t know how to set them up to be playable. I hope some one can help me.

If you're willing to say, which game is it that you're trying to rerig a model from? if it's one of the pre-BO3 CoDs, it's easy enough to do, but if it's post-BO3, or an entirely custom player model it can get tricky. I do commissions for character rigs on the side, so i can be of some sort of help along your way figuring the issue out, and i'd be glad to give you pointers if need be.

mario807906:

If you're willing to say, which game is it that you're trying to rerig a model from? if it's one of the pre-BO3 CoDs, it's easy enough to do, but if it's post-BO3, or an entirely custom player model it can get tricky. I do commissions for character rigs on the side, so i can be of some sort of help along your way figuring the issue out, and i'd be glad to give you pointers if need be.

That would be awesome man, I do will need help since this is my first player model… I am trying to get Adler, park and two more to replace Richthofen and etc. so I will privately dm u on modme or something.

nekkozrgfr:

yea no one ever plays coop

I’m such an asshole

- yes you're an asshole, and a lot of people knows it

also, i play coop too, and we don't fucking care if our character eyes are blinking or if he is breathing

Harry Bo21:

also, i play coop too, and we don't fucking care if our character eyes are blinking or if he is breathing
this is quite the overreaction for me simply telling him the button exists

You should talk to someone

mario807906:

Aayyy it’s good guys no need to have a conflict nekkrozrgfr it good that u think that no harm. And Harry I honestly don’t know what u did in the past and why people say stuff abou that but I agree with u, I like when the player is more alive in game, even though people might not look at it. So I like face with more bones but u two are right it doesn’t matter who likes face with more bones and how alive they look, it honestly is a big deal, and even if one of u wasn’t fighting as much or if u didn’t start it I honestly don’t care,- I don’t care as in it’s in the past so I am not dwelling on it or something. But both you have been a lot of hel, nekkro for example made me realize what the bones in the face do and Harry as given good advice to and no harm I just happen to agree with alive face in game. So sorry I wrot a whole essay but u guys are good no need to get angry at each other.

mario807906:

And what ever Harry did in the past does not define who he is now.

nekkozrgfr:

this is quite the overreaction for me simply telling him the button exists

You should talk to someone

you should go fuck yourself -

And what ever Harry did in the past does not define who he is now.

that's not about what he did in the past, he always have that "superior" attitude, this guy is hateful, all his releases are buggy, some make your game crash, and he won't accept that.
he is the most hated guy in the bo3 modding community for a reason

Harry Bo21:

you should go fuck yourself -

that's not about what he did in the past, he always have that "superior" attitude, this guy is hateful, all his releases are buggy, some make your game crash, and he won't accept that.
he is the most hated guy in the bo3 modding community for a reason

Uh huh

Let’s read that back - I’m “superior” for recommending porting it “correctly” because I “release broken shit”

And I “don’t” listen that’s why all these “buggy releases” are not available now as I removed them

So you’d rather we told people to do it wrong coz “it doesn’t fucking matter” but you also say these alleged issues DO matter?

Lmao these kids

mario807906:

Crap guys we know that no one I better than each other, and if Harry does think he is (which he doesn’t) then don’t worry about it nekkro. Calm down guys. All I wanted is to successfully port Cold War character models to maya- change it up a bit and then add them to bo3 and use them as player models for my map. Sorry this thread wasn’t good thing to put up at the moment.☹️

nekkozrgfr:

Uh huh

Let’s read that back - I’m “superior” for recommending porting it “correctly” because I “release broken shit”

And I “don’t” listen that’s why all these “buggy releases” are not available now as I removed them

So you’d rather we told people to do it wrong coz “it doesn’t fucking matter” but you also say these alleged issues DO matter?

Lmao these kids

you deleted an entire fucking website because of a stupid argument, you really wanna talk like that ?
you dumb monkey

nekkozrgfr:

Crap guys we know that no one I better than each other, and if Harry does think he is (which he doesn’t) then don’t worry about it nekkro. Calm down guys. All I wanted is to successfully port Cold War character models to maya- change it up a bit and then add them to bo3 and use them as player models for my map. Sorry this thread wasn’t good thing to put up at the moment.☹

you better join some bo3 mod tools discord than posting threads here, on discord you'll get reply in a hour, maybe two.

heres t7mods discord: https://discord.gg/bGzSYVfUgS
devraw discord: https://discord.gg/8Z7NqavSet
and you can find scobalula discord somewhere on internet

mario807906:

you better join some bo3 mod tools discord than posting threads here, on discord you'll get reply in a hour, maybe two.

thanks [USER=912]@nekkozrgfr[/USER], I didn't think about even joining these and I am happy to hear that I can get replies faster cuz that be a life save, thanks man.

mario807906:

holy shit there is so much good stuff here-sorry for me language- but I cant find half the stuff on mod me. U r the best man.

Harry Bo21:

you deleted an entire fucking website because of a stupid argument, you really wanna talk like that ?
you dumb monkey

Another lie sigh

I didn’t delete it - and “it” wasn’t over “one argument”

I didn’t even have permissions for that and Kyle removed me BEFORE the website was taken down

If you are so upset about my alleged site - go ahead and ask Kyle why he deleted it

But you crack on lying about things I literally didn’t have access to yea

Shows how misinformed you are and just want to talk shite kid

mario807906:

Another lie sigh

I didn’t even have permissions for that and Kyle removed me BEFORE the website

But you crack on lying about things I literally didn’t have access to yea

Shows how misinformed you are and just want to talk shite kid

idk what website u guys were talking about, but plz chill out it is n the past guys. no need to bring up things to make the other person seem bad too. lets not dwell on bad things.

Harry Bo21:

idk what website u guys were talking about, but plz chill out it is n the past guys. no need to bring up things to make the other person seem bad too. lets not dwell on bad things.
he’s on about t7mods.com - which I never had access to the source or server for - at any point

I had admin/moderator roles “on the site” and I helped set up the site, and pretty much every asset on it was either mine or I was involved in

Kyle had the access and ownership, and it was on symbos server - they could - and have said they would but didn’t - put it back up at any time they wanted

mario807906:

he’s on about t7mods.com - which I never had access to the source or server for - at any point

I had admin/moderator roles “on the site” and I helped set up the site, and pretty much every asset on it was either mine or I was involved in

Kyle had the access and ownership, and it was on symbos server - they could - and have said they would but didn’t - put it back up at any time they wanted

ahh i see.