Modme Forums

“Duplicate xmodel asset” error

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: rossdaboss
Whenever I port models into bo3 with wraith or download something to use from modme (like a trap, custom perk, etc) I get a "duplicate xmodel asset" error when I compile my map. Does anyone know how to fix this?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: easyskanka

rossdaboss
Whenever I port models into bo3 with wraith or download something to use from modme (like a trap, custom perk, etc) I get a "duplicate xmodel asset" error when I compile my map. Does anyone know how to fix this?

open up one of the duplicate GDTS and then find the relevant materials that are showing up when you compile and remove them, should work fine after that

ModmeBot:

Reply By: rossdaboss

easyskanka
rossdaboss Whenever I port models into bo3 with wraith or download something to use from modme (like a trap, custom perk, etc) I get a "duplicate xmodel asset" error when I compile my map. Does anyone know how to fix this? open up one of the duplicate GDTS and then find the relevant materials that are showing up when you compile and remove them, should work fine after that

I searched all of the gdt's but I couldn't find any ones that were similar to each other

ModmeBot:

If I check "ignore errors" when I compile my map then will that let me run my map? It probably won't fully fix the issue but it shouldn't mess it's anything in my map right?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

rossdaboss
If I check "ignore errors" when I compile my map then will that let me run my map? It probably won't fully fix the issue but it shouldn't mess it's anything in my map right?

Can you send us a screen of the compiler with the error message visible?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: easyskanka
Best to try and fix the issue rather than ignoring it, it will only lead to more headaches further down the line

ModmeBot:

this is just from a gate trap I downloaded from modme. I've tried porting a dragon and a fireplace from Der eisendrache using wraith and I got the same error

ModmeBot:

rossdaboss
this is just from a gate trap I downloaded from modme. I've tried porting a dragon and a fireplace from Der eisendrache using wraith and I got the same error

I'll take the first duplicate for an example:

Go in APE, search for mc_decal_blood_drips_medium.
check that box next to the name too, so it searches for the name.

There should be 2 materials of the same name, delete one of them OR change the name.

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
rossdaboss this is just from a gate trap I downloaded from modme. I've tried porting a dragon and a fireplace from Der eisendrache using wraith and I got the same error I'll take the first duplicate for an example: Go in APE, search for mc_decal_blood_drips_medium. check that box next to the name too, so it searches for the name. There should be 2 materials of the same name, delete one of them OR change the name.

It worked I'm not getting the duplicate assets error anymore

ModmeBot:

rossdaboss
soul-toktzt rossdaboss this is just from a gate trap I downloaded from modme. I've tried porting a dragon and a fireplace from Der eisendrache using wraith and I got the same error I'll take the first duplicate for an example: Go in APE, search for mc_decal_blood_drips_medium. check that box next to the name too, so it searches for the name. There should be 2 materials of the same name, delete one of them OR change the name. It worked I'm not getting the duplicate assets error anymore

Nice :) That's how you fix it everytime. :p