Modme Forums

Running scripts outside the context of BO3

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

JohnyJ25:

This may sound like a bizarre question, but does any know of any possible way to have an in game event can trigger a script outside the context of the game? For example, could I using gsc and a mode execute a command in the terminal, that would then run a script outside of Black Ops 3?

Spiki:

Prove that youre the real johnyj25. Post some shit on twitter

GSC no. Lua on the other hand can write files which you can read wirh a windows program

JohnyJ25:

Prove that youre the real johnyj25. Post some shit on twitter

GSC no. Lua on the other hand can write files which you can read wirh a windows program

Proof. I think that would work for what I'm trying to do. I've never written in LUA before however, what's the best place to start. I've read a bit of this, but I'm curious where the LUA files live and how they interact with the GSC files. Can a GSC script call a LUA function?

Harry Bo21:

Proof. I think that would work for what I'm trying to do. I've never written in LUA before however, what's the best place to start. I've read a bit of this, but I'm curious where the LUA files live and how they interact with the GSC files. Can a GSC script call a LUA function?
you can do setuimodel from script or use clientfields and set up a response in lua

There’s also luinotify from script but over using that causes a stack overflow

Spiki:

What will the final result be johnny?

JohnyJ25:

What will the final result be johnny?

Think this, but in zombies...

Spiki:

We can make a deal.
I'll make you a script that writes to a file if you plug a blackout server in the video. We're keeping blackout alive, also playing custom alcatraz

JohnyJ25:

We can make a deal.
I'll make you a script that writes to a file if you plug a blackout server in the video. We're keeping blackout alive, also playing custom alcatraz

I'd be down. Discord?