Modme Forums

How can i edit box/wallbuys weapons in Stock Maps

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

franc710:

Hi, i'm relatively new to Modding and my very first project is to make a custom weapon pack that works on original Zombie Maps.

Any help would be really appreciated, expecially in the scripting part since i'm trying to learn it.
So i know that, in order to customize box weapons in a custom map, i have to manage the levelcommon csv, which i take from the gamedata folder, put it into my map folder, and then edit the zm_usermap gsc/csc accordingly.

But regarding stock maps, if i understand correctly, each map has its own table or csv file that i have to obtain, so they don't read from the levelcommon one, correct?

I have installed HydraX since it can extracts the assets from the stock maps, so i started ripping the Kino Der Toten csv, which is named zm_theater_weapons.csv

Now what i should precisely do in order to make it work in my mod? where i have to put it, how i have to structure the script? I can't find any tutorial that is clear regarding stock maps, only custom maps.

Also, i have plans in editing the wallbuys, but i first want to understand correctly how to edit box weapons on stock maps.

Thank you in advance, i really want to get into modding BO3 but at first glance it's difficult for someone thas has very little knowledge about coding, so as said before, any help would be really appreciated since it's the first time i'm trying.

Harry Bo21:

Hi, i'm relatively new to Modding and my very first project is to make a custom weapon pack that works on original Zombie Maps.

Any help would be really appreciated, expecially in the scripting part since i'm trying to learn it.
So i know that, in order to customize box weapons in a custom map, i have to manage the levelcommon csv, which i take from the gamedata folder, put it into my map folder, and then edit the zm_usermap gsc/csc accordingly.

But regarding stock maps, if i understand correctly, each map has its own table or csv file that i have to obtain, so they don't read from the levelcommon one, correct?

I have installed HydraX since it can extracts the assets from the stock maps, so i started ripping the Kino Der Toten csv, which is named zm_theater_weapons.csv

Now what i should precisely do in order to make it work in my mod? where i have to put it, how i have to structure the script? I can't find any tutorial that is clear regarding stock maps, only custom maps.

Also, i have plans in editing the wallbuys, but i first want to understand correctly how to edit box weapons on stock maps.

Thank you in advance, i really want to get into modding BO3 but at first glance it's difficult for someone thas has very little knowledge about coding, so as said before, any help would be really appreciated since it's the first time i'm trying.

You just need to reinclude the table in your zone

It’ll override the map one

And the file path that hydrax dumps it to is the same as it should be in your mod tools/ or map folder

franc710:

You just need to reinclude the table in your zone

It’ll override the map one

And the file path that hydrax dumps it to is the same as it should be in your mod tools/ or map folder

Thank you Harry, it does work without any problem and i managed to edit the existing weapons in the box on Kino.

Now, how i should set-up in order to add custom weapons in the box (always on stock maps) firstly? let's say i download a Skye weapon pack, which i think are the most used ones in current modding community, what I see are all folders with content that it's in the root of Black Ops 3 folder, so i suppose these are all the files required in order to add the guns. How i should correctly add them? Since in my mod there's no folder about the sound or the scripts about the functioning/animations of the guns, i really need to know how to move.

Thanks in advance! Ahy help is really appreciated in my way in trying to learn modding this amazing game

Sleepy216:

So I've never done a standalone mod, so I have no clue how to get the sounds to work for custom weapons.
However to add custom weapons to stock maps, as far as I know, you have to get each individual zm_insertmapname_weapons.csv with hydra, and add your custom weapons to the box/ remove the old ones like harry said.
I just tested out revelations (zm_genesis_weapons.csv) and was able to add the weapons to the box easy, just none had sounds.
You would need to do that for each map.csv. you can copy and paste the changes from each, or give each map some unique weapons.
you'd want to add each of them in this folder(you will need to make each of them them) gamedata\weapons\zm in your mods root folder.

the zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv will replace custom map weapons. There is probably a way to set each map to this csv instead of adding all of them, but i don't know how.

to add a custom weapon so it will show up, you also need to include the weapon in your .zone file as well
example of what that looks like:
weaponfull,vks // weaponfile name in ape
weaponfull,vks_upgraded // upgraded weaponfile name in ape
weaponfull,discgun // weaponfile name in ape

I haven't downloaded anyone's weapons, but I'm sure they should be pretty drag and drop, and should include instructions for install.
I'm sure someone will jump in and say how to include the weapon sounds properly, and correct me if I misspoke about something.
I also have no clue about changing wall weapons, sorry:/

franc710:

So I've never done a standalone mod, so I have no clue how to get the sounds to work for custom weapons.
However to add custom weapons to stock maps, as far as I know, you have to get each individual zm_insertmapname_weapons.csv with hydra, and add your custom weapons to the box/ remove the old ones like harry said.
I just tested out revelations (zm_genesis_weapons.csv) and was able to add the weapons to the box easy, just none had sounds.
You would need to do that for each map.csv. you can copy and paste the changes from each, or give each map some unique weapons.
you'd want to add each of them in this folder(you will need to make each of them them) gamedata\weapons\zm in your mods root folder.

the zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv will replace custom map weapons. There is probably a way to set each map to this csv instead of adding all of them, but i don't know how.

to add a custom weapon so it will show up, you also need to include the weapon in your .zone file as well
example of what that looks like:
weaponfull,vks // weaponfile name in ape
weaponfull,vks_upgraded // upgraded weaponfile name in ape
weaponfull,discgun // weaponfile name in ape

I haven't downloaded anyone's weapons, but I'm sure they should be pretty drag and drop, and should include instructions for install.
I'm sure someone will jump in and say how to include the weapon sounds properly, and correct me if I misspoke about something.
I also have no clue about changing wall weapons, sorry:/

Sleepy, just the fact you are helping is great, please don't feel sorry, since i'm relatively new to modding, every advice you can give to me is useful.
So, i just added a custom gun into the box on Kino, the BO1 commando, the gun is in here, but when i get it, it's basically all distorted and can't be used at all, i will post a screenshot right now. I guess it's something about scripting i have to do? i didn't do anything besides adding all the files into root folder and the lines in the ZONE/CSV.

Harry Bo21:

That’s a issue with the port

Make sure you’ve got the common asset pack too

franc710:

That’s a issue with the port

Make sure you’ve got the common asset pack too

Yes, i got the common asset pack, but it's still not fixed, since it's the first time i'm importing custom weapons, do i have to set up animations?
The weapons i'm trying to include are all Skye's ports, here: Released - Skye's Weapon Ports to BO3 (Master Hub) | Modme

Or maybe i didn't do something very basic but that is essential in order to make them work? Sorry if that's the case..

Thank you in advance!

Sleepy216:

Yes, i got the common asset pack, but it's still not fixed, since it's the first time i'm importing custom weapons, do i have to set up animations?
The weapons i'm trying to include are all Skye's ports, here: Released - Skye's Weapon Ports to BO3 (Master Hub) | Modme

Or maybe i didn't do something very basic but that is essential in order to make them work? Sorry if that's the case..

Thank you in advance!

When you download someones weapon pack/weapon, they already did all the porting for you, you shouldn't have to do anything else other than follow the install instructions.
I would just redrag and drop the folders to your root cod bo3 folder. You could've missed one of the folders by accident maybe?

franc710:

When you download someones weapon pack/weapon, they already did all the porting for you, you shouldn't have to do anything else other than follow the install instructions.
I would just redrag and drop the folders to your root cod bo3 folder. You could've missed one of the folders by accident maybe?

I can't understand honestly, maybe it's something very simple i didn't do or i'm aware of. I loaded the mod, activated developer 2 in order to set 3rd person view, and the character model is fine, even the weapon itself, but is the 1st person view that is all screwed up as you can see in the image i posted before and the weapon doesn't work (it does fire but ammo count doesn't decrease, doesn't reload, also no sound since i don't have set it up yet). What i'm missing? there's something different i have to do in order to make them work in stock maps?

Sleepy216:

I can't understand honestly, maybe it's something very simple i didn't do or i'm aware of. I loaded the mod, activated developer 2 in order to set 3rd person view, and the character model is fine, even the weapon itself, but is the 1st person view that is all screwed up as you can see in the image i posted before and the weapon doesn't work (it does fire but ammo count doesn't decrease, doesn't reload, also no sound since i don't have set it up yet). What i'm missing? there's something different i have to do in order to make them work in stock maps?

Well 3rd person anims are pretty much done automatically by bo3, they don't require porting generally.
Go to this location in your black ops 3 folder: Call of Duty Black Ops III\xanim_export\skye_ports\t5_commando

I'm pretty sure you said you were trying the bo1 commando. you should see this file path, if you don't you installed them wrong. If you tried to reinstall that one and you have it installed correctly, try a different weapon just to make sure the commando isn't broken. I did nothing different to make my weapons work on rev when I first commented on the thread. I wanted to make sure I could get it to work before I tried to tell someone else how to.

franc710:

Well 3rd person anims are pretty much done automatically by bo3, they don't require porting generally.
Go to this location in your black ops 3 folder: Call of Duty Black Ops III\xanim_export\skye_ports\t5_commando

I'm pretty sure you said you were trying the bo1 commando. you should see this file path, if you don't you installed them wrong. If you tried to reinstall that one and you have it installed correctly, try a different weapon just to make sure the commando isn't broken. I did nothing different to make my weapons work on rev when I first commented on the thread. I wanted to make sure I could get it to work before I tried to tell someone else how to.

Yes, they are installed correctly, and also yeah, tried other weapons which are correctly loaded but same problem, broken 1st person view and they don't work. Could you maybe share the test you did on rev which does work with me, so i can compare it with what i have at moment? i think that may be the best solution

Sleepy216:

Yes, they are installed correctly, and also yeah, tried other weapons which are correctly loaded but same problem, broken 1st person view and they don't work. Could you maybe share the test you did on rev which does work with me, so i can compare it with what i have at moment? i think that may be the best solution

Here is the mod. The only things I did with the mod would be adding the gamedata folder with all the subsquent folders/files. Then I added the weapons.csv and weapon lines to the zm_mod.zone
You are more than welcome to compare them to make sure you did everything right.
https://mega.nz/file/vkpUQACR#M3Weal-_3pHFRMRxo7n02Ht2B3v_RfPoYlsGvuJ6AK8

franc710:

Here is the mod. The only things I did with the mod would be adding the gamedata folder with all the subsquent folders/files. Then I added the weapons.csv and weapon lines to the zm_mod.zone
You are more than welcome to compare them to make sure you did everything right.
https://mega.nz/file/vkpUQACR#M3Weal-_3pHFRMRxo7n02Ht2B3v_RfPoYlsGvuJ6AK8

I tried, saw your mod, and mine is indeed correctly built... i don't understand. I installed the weapon common assets, drag everything from the weapon pack into the root folder of black ops 3, i'm missing core files? Game is corrupted?

Sleepy216:

I tried, saw your mod, and mine is indeed correctly built... i don't understand. I installed the weapon common assets, drag everything from the weapon pack into the root folder of black ops 3, i'm missing core files? Game is corrupted?

Hmmmm, so just to check, I installed skye's bo1 commando. It worked just fine for me. I would recommend doing the verify file integrity check on steam, though that probably won't help.
The only thing I can think of at this point is you showing me what you are doing, because if you have everything setup and installed correctly it should be working.

When building the mod, are you ticking compile and link? Not sure if that is the proper way, but it's what i've been doing.

You didn't tick all of the separate mods(core_mod/mp_mod/cp_mod/zm_mod) of your mod and try to build them all at once right?
I've never had multi compile work for me. Try building just zm_mod. That is the only one I had built when I tested the weapons, and the weapon worked for me.

Harry Bo21:

Post your link log - there is “definitely” errors about this

Mods don’t need compiling - that’s for maps

And multi link works fine, it does them 1 at a time

The picture looks like anims are missing

franc710:

Hmmmm, so just to check, I installed skye's bo1 commando. It worked just fine for me. I would recommend doing the verify file integrity check on steam, though that probably won't help.
The only thing I can think of at this point is you showing me what you are doing, because if you have everything setup and installed correctly it should be working.

When building the mod, are you ticking compile and link? Not sure if that is the proper way, but it's what i've been doing.

You didn't tick all of the separate mods(core_mod/mp_mod/cp_mod/zm_mod) of your mod and try to build them all at once right?
I've never had multi compile work for me. Try building just zm_mod. That is the only one I had built when I tested the weapons, and the weapon worked for me.

Link and building just core and zm_mod

Post your link log - there is “definitely” errors about this

Mods don’t need compiling - that’s for maps

And multi link works fine, it does them 1 at a time

The picture looks like anims are missing

Here's the link log: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/gdtdb/gdtdb.exe /update

gdtDB: updating

processed (0 GDTs) (0 assets) in 1,951 sec

gdtDB: successfully updated database.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/bin/linker_modtools.exe -language english -fs_game test_weapons -modsource core_mod

Linking "core_mod" (mods\test_weapons stable 3421953 v593):

unchanged...done: 0m1.42s

Linking "en_core_mod" (mods\test_weapons stable 3421953 v593):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\/bin/linker_modtools.exe -language english -fs_game test_weapons -modsource zm_mod

Linking "zm_mod" (mods\test_weapons stable 3421953 v593):

processing...

^1Effect 'fx/zombie/fx_muz_md_rifle_1p_ug_zmb.efx' not found

fx:zombie/fx_muz_md_rifle_1p_ug_zmb

weapon:t5_commando_up

csv:zone_source/zm_mod.zone

^1Effect 'fx/zombie/fx_muz_md_rifle_3p_ug_zmb.efx' not found

fx:zombie/fx_muz_md_rifle_3p_ug_zmb

^1ERROR: Material mtl_origins_camo_alt was not found in gdtDB

material:mc/mtl_origins_camo_alt

weaponcamo:t5_camo_commando_table

done: 0m5.14s

Linking "en_zm_mod" (mods\test_weapons stable 3421953 v593):

Harry Bo21:

That’s just complaining about the camo table and a fx

Neither are a issue

The port must actually be broken

Harry Bo21:

It’s also only moaning about the upgraded version

Try another gun

Also these guns don’t have attachments

Use

Weapon,weaponname

Not weaponfull,weaponname

Weapon full is to make it load all the attachment stuff

Ads anims determine where the entire rig should be on screen

To me that looks like the ads up/down anims are wrong or are not set at all

franc710:

Try another gun

Use

Weapon,weaponname

It happens the same with all the weapons i try, so it must be the animations. How do i see if they are set?

Harry Bo21:

It happens the same with all the weapons i try, so it must be the animations. How do i see if they are set?

Find assets in ape and check

Sleepy216:

Try another gun

Use

Weapon,weaponname

The anims aren't broken. I installed the gun they are having trouble with and it worked properly.
When i try to build and or link more than one map at a time, it has never compiled more than the very first one, so I stopped even trying it.
Also the reason why i said use weaponfull is because i've been setting my weapons up with attachments, so I use weaponfull.
I've been told it doesn't matter if you don't have attachments, and the weapons I have without attachments set up still work fine with weaponfull

Link and building just core and zm_mod

Here's the link log:

Did you try only building zm_mod and see what happens?
Anims are set up in ape in the weapon file, and like I said, they work fine.
Unless we downloaded 2 different versions of skeye's bo1 commando(the solo commando weapon is the one I tested and it works), or unless you edited the weapon file, it should be fine.
Just for some proof here is an image, it's missing images because I couldn't be bothered fixing the errors that popped up when I compiled, since I don't plan on keeping it.
The images may be a little small, I had to shrink them before they would upload.

franc710:

Did you try only building zm_mod and see what happens?
Anims are set up in ape in the weapon file, and like I said, they work fine.
Unless we downloaded 2 different versions of skeye's bo1 commando(the solo commando weapon is the one I tested and it works), or unless you edited the weapon file, it should be fine.
Just for some proof here is an image, it's missing images because I couldn't be bothered fixing the errors that popped up when I compiled, since I don't plan on keeping it.
The images may be a little small, I had to shrink them before they would upload.

Same result, must be something not set with anims, tried to preview and this happens as you can see from screenshot
Find assets in ape and check

That's the problem, i think? i attached a screenshot

Sleepy216:

Same result, must be something not set with anims, tried to preview and this happens as you can see from screenshot

That's the problem, i think? i attached a screenshot

https://mega.nz/#!8WAhSQxI!S567tbj-gZLyecIkA3d5ATHSTIr-UcnwaqQ9CYb0Fpo
is this the one you downloaded? because it has the animmodel in it which is what you are missing.,
edit never mind, i thought you were showing the model attached to the anim and it was missing. That isn't the way to preview an anim, thats why you go that error.
use this model if you want to preview the anim:
c_t7_mp_warrior_viewarms1

franc710:

https://mega.nz/#!8WAhSQxI!S567tbj-gZLyecIkA3d5ATHSTIr-UcnwaqQ9CYb0Fpo
is this the one you downloaded? because it has the animmodel in it which is what you are missing

Yes, the animmodel is in here but it's like it doesn't exist and can't preview the anims, honestly i want to understand this, i don't think i messed up something. This explains why when i try to use the gun in game it's basically unusable and everything messed up

Sleepy216:

Yes, the animmodel is in here but it's like it doesn't exist and can't preview the anims, honestly i want to understand this, i don't think i messed up something. This explains why when i try to use the gun in game it's basically unusable and everything messed up

the model is there, you just tried to preview it wrong. Animmodels dont require being in ape, other than being added in "model file" in the anim that requires it.

franc710:

the model is there, you just tried to preview it wrong. Animmodels dont require being in ape, other than being added in "model file" in the anim that requires it.

Oh alright that explains why, thanks Sleepy. Still, did as you said, nothing happens, the gun basically is not previewed during the animation besides the arms which basically do nothing, like the model it isn't linked or something like that...
anyway guys i want to thank you for your patience and time in helping me, really

franc710:

Ok, previewed every animation, besides the gun not appearing, the arms models show correctly all of them, except ads_up and ads_down which basically don't work

Sleepy216:

Ok, previewed every animation, besides the gun not appearing, the arms models show correctly all of them, but ads_up and ads_down basically don't work

ads up and down are supposed to look strange in ape, they don't show the proper ads animation. They do some weird wobble esk animation correct?
The reason you only saw arms is because you only set the viewarms, not a weapon as well.
I'm going to record a quick video showing you the exact process, if it still doesn't work for you then I'm not sure what to recommend next.
Don't worry it will be unlisted, I'm not trying to milk views or anything, plus I don't upload modding stuff.
edit also hats off for not just giving up like most new modders do when they can't figure something out.

franc710:

ads up and down are supposed to look strange in ape, they don't show the proper ads animation. They do some weird wobble esk animation correct?
The reason you only saw arms is because you only set the viewarms, not a weapon as well.
I'm going to record a quick video showing you the exact process, if it still doesn't work for you then I'm not sure what to recommend next.
Don't worry it will be unlisted, I'm not trying to milk views or anything, plus I don't upload modding stuff.
edit also hats off for not just giving up like most new modders do when they can't figure something out.

Thank you! yeah i'm very determined when i want to do something, it's part of me, modding is a thing that i always wanted to try, expecially in this game. Your help is really appreciated Sleepy ^_^

Also yes, animation is weird like you said.

Harry did mention ads up/down tho, i wonder if that really may be the problem

Sleepy216:

Thank you! yeah i'm very determined when i want to do something, it's part of me, modding is a thing that i always wanted to try, expecially in this game. Your help is really appreciated Sleepy ^_^

Also yes, animation is weird like you said.

Harry did mention ads up/down tho, i wonder if that really may be the problem

Hopefully we can figure out whats going on. Though this most likely won't do anything, did you try to verify the integrity of your files anyway on steam?
Have you tried taking the zm_genesis_weapons.csv from my mod, adding it to your zone file and the file to your mod, and seeing if that map worked? Or have you only tried kino?

If we are both using the same exact downloaded weapon, and neither of us edited anything about the weapon, I don't see how one person would have broken anims and the other person wouldn't.
I will be the first to admit I am smooth brained and don't know jack about anything, but that makes no sense to me haha.

here's a link for the quick install rundown.

franc710:

Hopefully we can figure out whats going on. Though this most likely won't do anything, did you try to verify the integrity of your files anyway on steam?
Have you tried taking the zm_genesis_weapons.csv from my mod, adding it to your zone file and the file to your mod, and seeing if that map worked? Or have you only tried kino?

If we are both using the same exact downloaded weapon, and neither of us edited anything about the weapon, I don't see how one person would have broken anims and the other person wouldn't.
I will be the first to admit I am smooth brained and don't know jack about anything, but that makes no sense to me haha.

here's a link for the quick install rundown.

Saw the video, i'm gonna let you know the moment i'm back at my rig for another try, on another map different from kino, but i'm pretty sure that's what i have done. How did you manage your level common csv? is that required for a custom map or even for stock ones? since i remember initially loading the gun only with the map csv

Sleepy216:

Saw the video, i'm gonna let you know the moment i'm back at my rig for another try, on another map different from kino, but i'm pretty sure that's what i have done. How did you manage your level common csv? is that required for a custom map or even for stock ones? since i remember initially loading the gun only with the map csv

I'm pretty sure levelcommon is just for custom maps. I removed it and it still worked fine. I just ripped kinos weapons.csv and tested the commando on that map, it worked fine for me still.

franc710:

i'm going to reinstall both Black Ops 3 and the Mod Tools. I have seen VERY strange behaviours and there's clearly something messed up in the game files. I'll update you as soon as i'm set again ;)

Harry Bo21:

I'm pretty sure levelcommon is just for custom maps. I removed it and it still worked fine. I just ripped kinos weapons.csv and tested the commando on that map, it worked fine for me still.
it’s whatever table is called

In yourmapname gsc/csc you’ll see a reference to it, the same reference is in zm_usermaps gsc/csc - so “if” the modder changes it they have to change both

To add a table just copy paste that function for both gsc/csc and pick whatever table name you want, it will just add the second table to the end of the first, if there’s duplicates in there I think it goes off the first reference but could be the other way around

Custom maps are set to levelcommon yes - but that can be changed - I also wouldn’t recommend overriding custom maps - add a “second table” or you may cause errors with the map or remove guns that you need

Are you on a non English copy of the game?

Also - weaponfull WILL cause issues if the Porter has made a mistake, as it’ll try to load assets that do not exist - and thus completely fail to load the weapon

It is literally “for” guns that have the proper attachment system set up

Weaponfull a weapon and it’s upgrade and if they both have a stat weapon set - it “will” fail coz it tries to load mp assets and/or tries to reload already loaded assets or “something” that we have verified has caused ppl problems before. Dunno who’s telling you otherwise but we worked that out while it was still in the alpha

Ps - weapons anims will always look fucked in ape. But your issue there is you’ve set the file path to the xmodel_bin - you want the asset name for the model as it is in ape

You are supposed to set a set of arms as the main preview and the view gun model as the second and set the tags to link tag_weapon on the gun to tag_weapon_right on the arms ( you also need to tick use bones and reload the preview, although this must be REVERSED when you are done previewing as it needs that UNchecked )

Prob t5_commando_view - you’ll see it in ape prob at the bottom of the gdt - it’s the converted asset name you want not the file on your hard drive

Sleepy216:

it’s whatever table is called

In yourmapname gsc/csc you’ll see a reference to it, the same reference is in zm_usermaps gsc/csc - so “if” the modder changes it they have to change both

To add a table just copy paste that function for both gsc/csc and pick whatever table name you want, it will just add the second table to the end of the first, if there’s duplicates in there I think it goes off the first reference but could be the other way around

Custom maps are set to levelcommon yes - but that can be changed - I also wouldn’t recommend overriding custom maps - add a “second table” or you may cause errors with the map or remove guns that you need

Are you on a non English copy of the game?

Also - weaponfull WILL cause issues if the Porter has made a mistake, as it’ll try to load assets that do not exist - and thus completely fail to load the weapon

It is literally “for” guns that have the proper attachment system set up

Weaponfull a weapon and it’s upgrade and if they both have a stat weapon set - it “will” fail coz it tries to load mp assets and/or tries to reload already loaded assets or “something” that we have verified has caused ppl problems before. Dunno who’s telling you otherwise but we worked that out while it was still in the alpha

Ps - weapons anims will always look fucked in ape. But your issue there is you’ve set the file path to the xmodel_bin - you want the asset name for the model as it is in ape

You are supposed to set a set of arms as the main preview and the view gun model as the second and set the tags to link tag_weapon on the gun to tag_weapon_right on the arms ( you also need to tick use bones and reload the preview, although this must be REVERSED when you are done previewing as it needs that UNchecked )

Prob t5_commando_view - you’ll see it in ape prob at the bottom of the gdt - it’s the converted asset name you want not the file on your hard drive

Good to know, glad I haven't come across any issues using it. The proper attachment setup guide said "now insert-user has a reason to use weaponfull". making it sound like there is no issue if you use it. That and me not having issues, made it seem like there was no problem, but I do get what you mean completely.
Like I said before I don't know a ton about modding, so I have no clue what people have and havent figured out.
I didn't even know until a couple months ago you can edit pretty much any stock script without the use of a mod. When I first looked into modding everyone said zm/powerups/spawner etc couldn't be edited without a mod. It isn't like there is a good centralized hub(at least that I know of haha) of solid info about bo3 modding.

franc710:

I'm back, reinstalled everything, including weapon common assets, rebuild mod, same result. This time i saved the entire log of models/assets (BO1 Commando) being processed the first time in mod tools. I'll attach it here.

Harry Bo21:

I'm back, reinstalled everything, including weapon common assets, rebuild mod, same result. This time i saved the entire log of models/assets (BO1 Commando) being processed the first time in mod tools. I'll attach it here.

do you have the dlc for the mod tools installed

franc710:

do you have the dlc for the mod tools installed

Yes

Harry Bo21:

Yes

Try it on a map instead

Just create one, add it to the zone - link compile and lights

Use the console to give it to you

/give weaponname ( without _zm )

franc710:

Try it on a map instead

Just create one, add it to the zone - link compile and lights

Use the console to give it to you

/give weaponname ( without _zm )

Same thing even on the default test map. I'm really starting to suspect this is due to something linked to my regional/language settings, which is not English, that messes up files between mod tools/game/steam and the correct loading of everything. Still, when i reinstalled BO3, was in English. Also, before this, i already set it up in English.

Default test map also failes to load sound assets and skybox is missing. I'm really stuck...

Harry Bo21:

Same thing even on the default test map. I'm really starting to suspect this is due to something linked to my regional/language settings, which is not English, that messes up files between mod tools/game/steam and the correct loading of everything. Still, when i reinstalled BO3, was in English. Also, before this, i already set it up in English.

Default test map also failes to load sound assets and skybox is missing. I'm really stuck...

i asked if you were on english days ago...

you have to change your config

english uses , where others use .

franc710:

i asked if you were on english days ago...

you have to change your config

english uses , where others use .

You are right, and sorry if didn't reply directly to that.. i thought you were referring to BO3 language, which i did set up in English already. There's a config which is separate from the game? where is located and what i have to change?

I also already did change the build language in Mod Tools to English.

Harry Bo21:

You are right, and sorry if didn't reply directly to that.. i thought you were referring to BO3 language, which i did set up in English already. There's a config which is separate from the game? where is located and what i have to change?

I also already did change the build language in Mod Tools to English.

The build language just means for the games region

You need to change something in your system as it’ll read all the code wrong

The usual give away is reboarding windows, shakes your screen some insane amount if you have this issue

franc710:

The build language just means for the games region

You need to change something in your system as it’ll read all the code wrong

The usual give away is reboarding windows, shakes your screen some insane amount if you have this issue

I changed my regional settings to English US, and now i correctly see CSV tables (in fact, before, i was reading all the content in single full lines, without separators).
Still, this didn't change the actual interaction in BO3 with current weapons installed. I might try another weapon or building another mod, this is becoming a bit stressful... but i want to fix this

franc710:

I changed my regional settings to English US, and now i correctly see CSV tables (in fact, before, i was reading all the content in single full lines, without separators).
Still, this didn't change the actual interaction in BO3 with current weapons installed. I might try another weapon or building another mod, this is becoming a bit stressful... but i want to fix this

IT NOW WORKS. Imported another weapon, everything went alright this time. Thank god. This basically proves the Mod Tools were processing the assets with wrong separator, resulting in breaking weapons. Commando is in fact still broken. I should delete everything related to it in order to fix it and rebuild it i think?

Anyway, THANK YOU Harry, and also you Sleepy for helping out, now i can FINALLY start doing that mod i was thinking since the moment i opened this thread.

If i need any help now, returning to the original topic of the discussion, can i still post here i think

Harry Bo21:

IT NOW WORKS. Imported another weapon, everything went alright this time. Thank god. This basically proves the Mod Tools were processing the assets with wrong separator, resulting in breaking weapons. Commando is in fact still broken. I should delete everything related to it in order to fix it and rebuild it i think?

Anyway, THANK YOU Harry, and also you Sleepy for helping out, now i can FINALLY start doing that mod i was thinking since the moment i opened this thread.

If i need any help now, returning to the original topic of the discussion, can i still post here i think

The assets already converted

You can delete the cache to make it do it again

Or remove the files, link - it’ll fail - then put them back