Modme Forums

Make area’s darker than other area’s?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: soul-toktzt
How would i make an area darker so it looks more like night? I tried using shadowcaster around the area and the caulk_sun_shadow, but it isn't working.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

soul-toktzt
How would i make an area darker so it looks more like night? I tried using shadowcaster around the area and the caulk_sun_shadow, but it isn't working.

open APE. under gdt filter type "ssi". find the skybox you're using and under "stops" make the number smaller

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

mathfag
soul-toktzt How would i make an area darker so it looks more like night? I tried using shadowcaster around the area and the caulk_sun_shadow, but it isn't working. open APE. under gdt filter type "ssi". find the skybox you're using and under "stops" make the number smaller

Can i even copy the GDT, change the name so i have both of them? in case i want the number normal on another map.

ModmeBot:

soul-toktzt
mathfag soul-toktzt How would i make an area darker so it looks more like night? I tried using shadowcaster around the area and the caulk_sun_shadow, but it isn't working. open APE. under gdt filter type "ssi". find the skybox you're using and under "stops" make the number smaller Can i even copy the GDT, change the name so i have both of them? in case i want the number normal on another map.

yes you can copy the sun file just right click, copy asset, rightclick on a gtd, paste asset.

Another way to make an area darker is to use an exposure volume.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ItsJasonn

mathfag
soul-toktzt mathfag soul-toktzt How would i make an area darker so it looks more like night? I tried using shadowcaster around the area and the caulk_sun_shadow, but it isn't working. open APE. under gdt filter type "ssi". find the skybox you're using and under "stops" make the number smaller Can i even copy the GDT, change the name so i have both of them? in case i want the number normal on another map. yes you can copy the sun file just right click, copy asset, rightclick on a gtd, paste asset. Another way to make an area darker is to use an exposure volume.

I tried using an exposure volume. It works in Radiant, but not in-game

ModmeBot:

ItsJasonn
mathfag soul-toktzt mathfag soul-toktzt How would i make an area darker so it looks more like night? I tried using shadowcaster around the area and the caulk_sun_shadow, but it isn't working. open APE. under gdt filter type "ssi". find the skybox you're using and under "stops" make the number smaller Can i even copy the GDT, change the name so i have both of them? in case i want the number normal on another map. yes you can copy the sun file just right click, copy asset, rightclick on a gtd, paste asset. Another way to make an area darker is to use an exposure volume. I tried using an exposure volume. It works in Radiant, but not in-game

make sure you rendered and exported and compiled the light.
also try to make the numbers big so its really noticeable