Modme Forums

(wrong type for creating fx combo texture) Weird error cancelling linker

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

KillRideMasterJ:

Has anyone seen this error before?. i just put in harrys apothicans margwas and panzer. it gives me this error.

********************************************************************************

UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:

^1ERROR: Some textures are the wrong type for creating fx combo texture used in the compute sprite and decal rendering

Linker will now terminate.

********************************************************************************
has anyone seen it before? I've peeked through all the materials and can't find anything out of the ordinary. it was originally
right after 'c_zom_dlc4_apothicon_fury_dissolve' in the first error in the linker, but in subsequent links it's just been under the usual weapon
camo errors.

Thanks in advance!

Harry Bo21:

You are missing materials

Download my fx pack from devraw

KillRideMasterJ:

So i downloaded and installed them last night. I thought I had them, but I guess I didn't or I had an older version. But the error persists :(
Same error as before 'fx combo texture' something or other.. i also found this up above the usual weapon camo error. Unsure if it's related but anything that can help at this point :/

^1Unable to open xcam file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\xanim_export\black_ops_3\xcams\ui_cam_cac_equip_shockcharge.xcam_export for xcam ui_cam_cac_equip_shockcharge.

xcam:ui_cam_cac_equip_shockcharge

weapon:electroball_grenade_zm

csv:zm_ai_mechz.zpkg

csv:zone_source/zm_dude.zone

^1ERROR: 'veh_parasite' is not a value vehiclesounddef asset

vehiclesounddef:veh_parasite

vehicle:spawner_bo3_dragon_whelp

csv:hb21_hero_weapons.zpkg

csv:zone_source/zm_dude.zone

Thanks for everything you do for the community Harry! you the real MVP

Harry Bo21:

Drag the fx folders back from the other assets

As for your other errors they won’t stop linker, just a missing image and xcam

KillRideMasterJ:

Thanks a million Harry!!! Worked perfectly!

eDeK:

You solved this error?

UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:

^1ERROR: Some textures are the wrong type for creating fx combo texture used in the compute sprite and decal rendering

I have the same error, how you solved?

Harry Bo21:

You solved this error?

UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:

I have the same error, how you solved?

Post the rest of it