Modme Forums

Blocky Lighting

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Big Richard
I was working on a part of side project and when I went to compile and play the map the lighting was wired and looked blocky. It only happens in this portion of the map. Any help would be appreciated!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

Big Richard
I was working on a part of side project and when I went to compile and play the map the lighting was wired and looked blocky. It only happens in this portion of the map. Any help would be appreciated!

Ive gotten this problem too but i dont know what the fix is im sorry

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Big Richard
Alright, Thanks for the help anyways!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Check you sun's settings and check what the ShadowSplitDistance is. Might want to increase/lower it. (Can't recall which way you want to go about it).

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K
I've been seeing this on most workshop maps even once or twice on official maps from Treyarch right after i bought my gtx 1070 strix not sure if its a driver issue or an update from Trayarch that's done it but when i go into the graphics settings and disable ambient occlusion it fixes its self also had it on my map where i had a light outside hanging on a building and even with the shadows enabled on the light it still came through the wall causing this jagged shadow effect no matter what i tried to fix it even as Exofile said reducing sun shadow split distance or increasing it it didn't fix the issue in the end i just opted for a lamp-post further away from the wall and that seemed to work might just be a bug with lighting as i had reflection probe etc all set up even added a shadow cast which reduced the jagged edge a lot but didn't remove it completely was almost about to return my card at one point because i noticed it in official maps but i don't have issues with any other games that i play so for now i just test the map every time i add lighting i.e lights,probes etc to make sure its not happening

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Big Richard

Exofile
Check you sun's settings and check what the ShadowSplitDistance is. Might want to increase/lower it. (Can't recall which way you want to go about it).

I fixed the problem, thanks for the solution!