Modme Forums

Model images not loading in?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Dusty12
I've been making a pretty large zombies map for some time, I just started working on it again and now when I open my model viewer the icons will load in but then after a few minutes, they will stop loading in at all. I just bought more RAM because I was thinking I was just running out of RAM but it's still doing it. And no it's not that I have a junk PC. My PC should be more than capable to load some models in the model viewer.
Specs are:
Intel i7 4790k
16 GB RAM
GTX 970

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening I would really appreciate it because as of right now I can't even place models in my map.

RaGe-74:

Thread By: Dusty12
I've been making a pretty large zombies map for some time, I just started working on it again and now when I open my model viewer the icons will load in but then after a few minutes, they will stop loading in at all. I just bought more RAM because I was thinking I was just running out of RAM but it's still doing it. And no it's not that I have a junk PC. My PC should be more than capable to load some models in the model viewer.
Specs are:
Intel i7 4790k
16 GB RAM
GTX 970

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening I would really appreciate it because as of right now I can't even place models in my map.

I can't say specifically what's wrong without seeing it first hand, but all that I can assume is that you've possibly hit a model limit. If you have the map separated up into different prefabs, try disabling them (rename the .map extension so it doesn't load) and see if that works. Process of elimination. Keep disabling stuff until it works, then re-introduce it bit by bit. Also check your autosave backups in "\Call of Duty Black Ops III\radiant\autosave_backup" to see if you can load an earlier working copy.
Unfortunately, BO3 Radiant still does have limits (I've hit FX limit a few times), so it's a matter of trial and error to see what does and doesn't work