Modme Forums

Prevent groups of zombies from getting stuck in doorways etc

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ltschase
Just wondering what the best way to prevent groups of zombies from getting themselves stuck in a doorway is.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
cut the brush around the door, right click, non-collidable
then copy paste the non-collidable brush and make it a player clip

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

mathfag
cut the brush around the door, right click, non-collidable then copy paste the non-collidable brush and make it a player clip

no

zombies may walk directly through the wall which will look utter shit and possibly cause other issues...

try placing a path node, otherwise youll need to rework your doorway

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase

mathfag
cut the brush around the door, right click, non-collidable then copy paste the non-collidable brush and make it a player clip

Yeah, I should've mentioned that I knew about the obvious options. Was seeking a better way without changing the doorway itself or zombies running through the wall.

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
mathfag cut the brush around the door, right click, non-collidable then copy paste the non-collidable brush and make it a player clip no zombies may walk directly through the wall which will look utter shit and possibly cause other issues... try placing a path node, otherwise youll need to rework your doorway

Excuse my lack of experience, but how do you use pathnodes exactly in this situation?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scobalula

ltschase
Harry Bo21 mathfag cut the brush around the door, right click, non-collidable then copy paste the non-collidable brush and make it a player clip no zombies may walk directly through the wall which will look utter shit and possibly cause other issues... try placing a path node, otherwise youll need to rework your doorway Excuse my lack of experience, but how do you use pathnodes exactly in this situation?

You can select them in the Entity Browser and place them evenly above the ground.

How big is your doorway? A doorway of 96hx56w should have little issues with pathing, even with larger groups of zombies, check Scale_Standards.pdf in docs folder for more info:

ModmeBot:

Scobalula
ltschase Harry Bo21 mathfag cut the brush around the door, right click, non-collidable then copy paste the non-collidable brush and make it a player clip no zombies may walk directly through the wall which will look utter shit and possibly cause other issues... try placing a path node, otherwise youll need to rework your doorway Excuse my lack of experience, but how do you use pathnodes exactly in this situation? You can select them in the Entity Browser and place them evenly above the ground. How big is your doorway? A doorway of 96hx56w should have little issues with pathing, even with larger groups of zombies, check Scale_Standards.pdf in docs folder for more info:

The door was only a couple smaller than that, I slightly increased the size. Either way though, if I end up needing to try out these pathnodes, do I just make the bottom of the node essentially even with the ground? Then is there any need to mess with any KVPs or anything with them?