Modme Forums

[BO3] Some questions about Sounds.

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: VerK0
Hello Modme, I've had these questions for a long long time and I've done some googling, forum searching, discord searching & reaching out asking people and haven't made progress; Now i'm making posts k thnx.

1) How does one make soundscapes like CS:GO?
Example: You walk into a room and a looping sound plays as background sound, you walk out and it stops.

2) How does one trigger a looping sound by turning the power on?
Example: A generator that starts once power is on.

3) How does one increase the emitting radius of a 3d sound?
Example: A really big fire.

4) How does one make a brush, trigger or something emit sound?
Example: A stream of water in a playable area that I want sound to come from.

Thanks, any help is highly appreciated.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: SKALV
This Would Be Nice.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

VerK0
Hello Modme, I've had these questions for a long long time and I've done some googling, forum searching, discord searching & reaching out asking people and haven't made progress; Now i'm making posts k thnx. 1) How does one make soundscapes like CS:GO?Example: You walk into a room and a looping sound plays as background sound, you walk out and it stops. 2) How does one trigger a looping sound by turning the power on? Example: A generator that starts once power is on. 3) How does one increase the emitting radius of a 3d sound? Example: A really big fire. 4) How does one make a brush, trigger or something emit sound?Example: A stream of water in a playable area that I want sound to come from. Thanks, any help is highly appreciated.

1) The official method to do this is currently broken, Treyarch <strong>are </strong>investigating the issue however, we just need to wait.

In short, it makes use of ambient_package trigger_multiple brushes placed in areas and the ambients file to be used. I recommend looking at ZeRoY's Kyassuru sound release for clarification of this.

2) https://hastebin.com/yowafavudo.php

3) Find the alias of the sound you want to give a larger radius, and edit the DistMin, DistMaxDry and DistMaxWet parameters, increasing them.

4)

EDIT: Changed PlaySound to PlayLoopSound in 2.