Modme Forums

Weird Properties in Dark rooms

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: changcow
I'm not familiar with mapping or lighting that much so I apologize if this is a stupid question. I've searched every corner of the internet and each end of my brain, but I can't find the solution to why some parts of my map are just... odd. I have a prison-ish area where portions of the walls are see through. There's another part of the map that is an underground basement, when opening the door to it, well, it doesn't open. And down the stairs in the actual basement you can't interact with anything, such as picking up parts or hitting the box. Zombie spawners don't work even though the zone doesn't kill you. I plan on uploading a video when it's not late but I hope the description is enough. Even any tips to debugging would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, ChangCow

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild
Can you post a picture of what it looks like in Radiant? From what I can see it just looks like you don't have a solid texture behind the cage texture. I can't really see anything else wrong though.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
If I'm not mistaking you made a brush that is touching the wall that you can't see.

To fix this ctrl+shift+click the side of the wall and click on patch/terrain/faces to terrain

ModmeBot:

Reply By: changcow

mathfag
If I'm not mistaking you made a brush that is touching the wall that you can't see. To fix this ctrl+shift+click the side of the wall and click on patch/terrain/faces to terrain

I couldn't find any sort of brush like that but it worked anyways, thanks man