Modme Forums

Replacing a texture broke my NavVolume?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Zixology
Literally all I did was replace a texture and now I cannot fully compile my map because I get the "NavVolume generation is skipped." Warning.
I changed absolutely nothing else and my map was working perfectly fine up until then. I even tried reverting the texture back and the warning still remained.
I'd really like to know if my entire map is now completely gone since there's nothing I can add at this point.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
Skipping navVolume generation is not exactly a problem in my experience but if it is for you, go to bo3/radiant/autosave_backup and find a previous copy of your map and move it to bo3/map_source/zm and rename it (remove the date/time)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

mathfag
Skipping navVolume generation is not exactly a problem in my experience but if it is for you, go to bo3/radiant/autosave_backup and find a previous copy of your map and move it to bo3/map_source/zm and rename it (remove the date/time)

Lol skipping navmesh is DEFINITELY a problem lol

it autogenerates navmesh if you don’t place one in radiant

so if you don’t place one, and the auto generation fails. No ai will fucking move lmao

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Zixology

Harry Bo21
mathfag Skipping navVolume generation is not exactly a problem in my experience but if it is for you, go to bo3/radiant/autosave_backup and find a previous copy of your map and move it to bo3/map_source/zm and rename it (remove the date/time) Lol skipping navmesh is DEFINITELY a problem lol it autogenerates navmesh if you don’t place one in radiant so if you don’t place one, and the auto generation fails. No ai will fucking move lmao

Okay, so how exactly did the NavMesh that I had the whole time before get removed when I replaced a texture? I've replaced textures before and this hasn't happened.
Also, I have added a new NavMesh into the map and covered the area, however I do not know the specific targetname needed as well as any necessary kvps.

ModmeBot:

shouldnt need any

and i dont know whats broken it, did you accidentally texture a volume or trigger when you retextured whatever else?

have you dragged a brush over the map by accident?

no idea man

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
shouldnt need any and i dont know whats broken it, did you accidentally texture a volume or trigger when you retextured whatever else? have you dragged a brush over the map by accident? no idea man

Nope. I just changed a custom texture for a poster. That's it.
Since I've dragged a new NavMesh and covered the map with it, I now get an error since it doesn't have a targetname.

ModmeBot:

ive used these before and never had issue

no kvps are required

post the error

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
ive used these before and never had issue no kvps are requiredpost the error

ERROR: Found navmesh trigger at (-1684.0, 1748.0, 394.0) without a targetname

ModmeBot:

weird

thought it was a navvolume not a trigger anyway

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
weird thought it was a navvolume not a trigger anyway

It technically is a volume. That's why I'm confused as well.
And I cannot use an autosaved archive of the map because the most recent autosave was done 3 months ago. Too much has changed since then.

ModmeBot:

Harry Bo21
weird thought it was a navvolume not a trigger anyway

I applied the target name of a zone to the NavVolume and now the compilation says that there's no NavVolume at all. Did the recent mod tools update do something that I'm not aware of or something?

ModmeBot:

No...