Modme Forums

Custom Wall Buys Crash Map

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: MJPW
Im having an issue where if custom wall buys will crash the game on start. The Screen will be black while loading for a few seconds and then it'll just close. It will not show any errors.

I've chatted with various modders but with all of the solutions they have suggested all have failed. All wall buy KVPs are correct I've been trying to test with just one till we can get the ball rolling.

Any help is appreciated!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202
can you give some pictures of how it's setup in radiant and all the KVPs you have on things so we can see?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

Abnormal202
can you give some pictures of how it's setup in radiant and all the KVPs you have on things so we can see?

The wall buys are just the struct on a wooden base with the weapon displayed

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21
the gun itself is prob whats broken, give it via console

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW
So I fixed it in a dumb way but hey...it works. I opened up a prefab of the default wallbuys and saved it as new ones. I put in the information for the guns it needed to give and moved the chalk texture/gun model far down. Originally my wallbuys were set up like this but I deleted out the chalk texture/gun model and removed the related KVP's (like you'll see in the picture I posted earlier).

I just wanted to share in case anyone else has this happen.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

MJPW
So I fixed it in a dumb way but hey...it works. I opened up a prefab of the default wallbuys and saved it as new ones. I put in the information for the guns it needed to give and moved the chalk texture/gun model far down. Originally my wallbuys were set up like this but I deleted out the chalk texture/gun model and removed the related KVP's (like you'll see in the picture I posted earlier). I just wanted to share in case anyone else has this happen.

removing the model is what broke it... it tries to use HideWeaponViewTags() on the model...

it also uses show / hide()

you cant just remove things like that - developer mode would have revealed this

ModmeBot:

Reply By: djluvorng

Harry Bo21
MJPW So I fixed it in a dumb way but hey...it works. I opened up a prefab of the default wallbuys and saved it as new ones. I put in the information for the guns it needed to give and moved the chalk texture/gun model far down. Originally my wallbuys were set up like this but I deleted out the chalk texture/gun model and removed the related KVP's (like you'll see in the picture I posted earlier). I just wanted to share in case anyone else has this happen. removing the model is what broke it... it tries to use HideWeaponViewTags() on the model... it also uses show / hide() you cant just remove things like that - developer mode would have revealed this

Good guy harry! xD