Modme Forums

Custom Video

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Radiant

ModmeBot:

Thread By: ltschase
So I can't seem to get a custom video to work. Everything is fine within radiant and gsc as the stock videos given work perfectly, but I crash every time one of mine start to play. There are mixed answers everywhere in terms of what the render settings need to be and whatnot but I feel like I have tried everything. 720p and 1080p at variable or peak 30 and 29.97 fps, all at 0 average bitrate and in .mkv like they are supposed to be, but they crash every time, it never fails. I have wasted so many hours on trying to get this to work already, really hoping someone knows what is going wrong here.

EDIT: Gonna try what it says here: https://wiki.modme.co/wiki/black_ops_3/intermediate/Setting-Up-Loadscreen-Videos.html
EDIT: Still crash every time. Even tried adding it as a loadscreen and all that does is make it crash before launching.

FINALLY GOT IT WORKING. On a last whim effort I decided to try to convert the videos using VLC. This worked perfectly first try. Handbrake is dead to me, and I wish it nothing but bad fortune for the amount of hours and stress it has caused me.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Symbo
Make sure you delete the audio of the video with a software like handbrake/handsbrake. You probably know you have to place your video in a video folder you created in your usemap/zone folder

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase

Symbo
Make sure you delete the audio of the video with a software like handbrake/handsbrake. You probably know you have to place your video in a video folder you created in your usemap/zone folder

Yup. No audio track which I actually did by not including audio when I rendered in Vegas and then double check in handbrake by clearing audio tracks and then the videos are in the folder as you said. I can even copy and rename stock videos, and they work, mine just crash.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ltschase
FINALLY GOT IT WORKING. On a last whim effort I decided to try to convert the videos using VLC. This worked perfectly first try. Handbrake is dead to me, and I wish it nothing but bad fortune for the amount of hours and stress it has caused me.