Modme Forums

How to Change Starting Points

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: natesmithzombies
Currently there is something a little goof about editing stock scripts. Use this method to ensure you adjust the perk limit:

Instructions:

-----------------

1) Add this function to the bottom of your mapname.gsc located in root\usermaps\mapname\scripts\zm

function lots_o_points( points )
{
	level flag::wait_till( "all_players_connected" );
	players = getplayers(); 
	for( i=0;i<players.size;i++ )="" {="" players[i].score="points;" }=""></players.size;i++>

2) At the top of your mapname.gsc underneath:

function main()
{

Add:

level thread lots_o_points( 500000 );  // Change the number to the starting points you would like

ModmeBot:

Reply By: authorjames
Why not use the intended method instead? Simply by changing the variable that controls starting points, we can achieve the same effect in a much cleaner, simpler and better way. Simply put this line of code inside your main function in your map's .gsc file and you're done!

level.player_starting_points = 75000;

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Doodles_Timeout

authorjamesWhy not use the intended method instead? Simply by changing the variable that controls starting points, we can achieve the same effect in a much cleaner, simpler and better way. Simply put this line of code inside your main function in your map's .gsc file and you're done!

Because it doesn't work.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Blink-420

Doodles_Timeout
authorjamesWhy not use the intended method instead? Simply by changing the variable that controls starting points, we can achieve the same effect in a much cleaner, simpler and better way. Simply put this line of code inside your main function in your map's .gsc file and you're done!

Because it doesn't work.

It works for me, its what ive been using