Modme Forums

How to Add a Intro Creddits

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: natesmithzombies
I was requested by CraftDAnimation to do another tutorial, this time on intro credits. Don't let them darn Youtubers steal your credit ;)

This is very simple. Navigate to your mapname.gsc. Example location: Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_mapname\scripts\zm.

Scroll to the very bottom of the script and paste these two functions there:

function intro_credits()
{
	thread creat_simple_intro_hud( "Thank you for playing Fabrik Der Untoten: Beta Version 1.2", 50, 100, 3, 5 ); 
	thread creat_simple_intro_hud( "Mapping by Madgaz Gaming", 50, 75, 2, 5 );
	thread creat_simple_intro_hud( "Scripting by NateSmithZombies", 50, 50, 2, 5 );
}

function creat_simple_intro_hud( text, align_x, align_y, font_scale, fade_time )
{
	hud = NewHudElem();
	hud.foreground = true;
	hud.fontScale = font_scale;
	hud.sort = 1;
	hud.hidewheninmenu = false;
	hud.alignX = "left";
	hud.alignY = "bottom";
	hud.horzAlign = "left";
	hud.vertAlign = "bottom";
	hud.x = align_x;
	hud.y = hud.y - align_y;
	hud.alpha = 1;
	hud SetText( text );
	wait( 8 ); 
	hud fadeOverTime( fade_time ); 
	hud.alpha = 0; 
	wait( fade_time ); 
	hud Destroy(); 
}

Finally go back to the top of your mapname.gsc and add the following code:

level thread intro_credits(); 

Underneath:

function main()
{

You will see I have typed inside the function intro_credits what is displayed on me and madgaz's map. Change the words to fit your map.

Compile and you are done!

Be sure to give me a shoutout if you are using my intro script! :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AvidPenguin
I've just copied this straight into my map and it didn't work, will it only show if launched from the actual game? I wouldn't have thought so, but I've not even modified it and stuck the stuff exactly where you said

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CraftDAnimations
Awesome script - will use on EVERY map in the future - I made a video tutorial on it as well.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PyromaneDu33
hi when I copy and paste the script that I build in the end I have error message as token or other bad how? thank you

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

PyromaneDu33hi when I copy and paste the script that I build in the end I have error message as token or other bad how? thank you

You likely did not follow the directions properly. Give it another try from scratch and follow the directions closely. Or follow the video of CraftDAnimations

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Doodles_Timeout
Always I try to compile+link my map with your codes put all correctly (tryed 10 times with the CraftDAnimations video) I get the error:

********************************************************************************
UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:
^1SCRIPT ERROR: No generated data for 'scripts/zm/zm_zombierain.gsc'

Linker will now terminate.
********************************************************************************

==================================================
Linker summary:

There were no errors or warnings.

==================================================

^1
^1^
^1ERR(0) scripts/zm/zm_zombierain.gsc (234,1) : Bad Token '�' : ^1�
^1^
^1ERR(0) scripts/zm/zm_zombierain.gsc (234,1) : syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_ERROR, expecting $end : 

Could you help me???

// Edited by Exofile to properly embed code. Please remember to use code tags when posting any form of code!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

Doodles_TimeoutAlways I try to compile+link my map with your codes put all correctly (tryed 10 times with the CraftDAnimations video) I get the error:

Could you help me???

// Edited by Exofile to properly embed code. Please remember to use code tags when posting any form of code!

Try removing my code entirely and recompiling. The error will persist. Something else you have added to your mapname.gsc is causing the error. Go to line 234 as that seems to be where your error is.