Modme Forums

How to Make Zombies Run Sooner

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: natesmithzombies

ZCTxCHAOSx asked me to make this simple script so here it is: Navigate to your mapname.gsc. Example Location: A:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\usermaps\zm_mapname\scripts\zm\zm_mapname.gsc At the bottom of the mapname.gsc add:

function new_zombie_speed()
{
	level flag::wait_till( "initial_blackscreen_passed" ); 
	zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier", 	  75,	false );	//	Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint
	zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier_easy",  75,	false );	//	Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint
	level.zombie_move_speed			= level.round_number * level.zombie_vars["zombie_move_speed_multiplier"]; 
}

You can change the value '75' to any number you like. 75 will give you round 1 sprinters. At the top of mapname.gsc find this:

function main()
{

and add this underneath it:

level thread new_zombie_speed();

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Psh
You know of a way to change the zombie sprinting animations? I want my tranzit sprinters back

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MinePro14
and how can i make it inside a trigger, you know, "press f to make zombies sprinters"

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

MinePro14and how can i make it inside a trigger, you know, "press f to make zombies sprinters"

Follow the same instructions but replace the function with this:

{
	trigger = GetEnt( "run_speed", "targetname" ); 
	trigger SetCursorHint( "HINT_NOICON" ); 
	trigger SetHintString( "Press and Hold ^3&&1^7 to Enable Zombie Sprinting" ); 
	trigger waittill( "trigger", player ); 
	trigger delete(); 

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier",       75,   false );    //  Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint
    zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier_easy",  75,   false );    //  Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint
}

Also add a trigger>use in your map with the KVPs: targetname - run_speed

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dkamasta
how to use this in a mod instead of map?

I have a menu working (credit MAKECENTS da legend) but cant get vars to work with trigger

hud = self thread GameTypeHud("MENU:");
   hud2 = self thread GameTypeHud2("EASY MODE : PRESS FIRE BUTTON");
   hud3 = self thread GameTypeHud3("NORMAL MODE : PRESS GRENADE BUTTON");
   hud4 = self thread GameTypeHud4("HARD MODE : PRESS USE BUTTON");
   hud5 = self thread GameTypeHud5("INSANE MODE : PRESS KNIFE BUTTON");
   while(1){
    if(self AttackButtonPressed()){//[{+activate}]
     level.gametype = "EASY";
     break;
    }
    if( self fragbuttonpressed()){
     level.gametype = "NORMAL";
     break;
    }
    if( self useButtonPressed()){
     level.gametype = "HARD";
     break;
    }
    if( self MeleeButtonPressed()){
     level.gametype = "INSANE";
     break;
    }
    wait(.05);
    level notify("gametype");
   }
  }else{
   hud = self thread GameTypeHud("Host is selecting game type");
   level waittill("gametype");
  }

would be so nice to change speed and health of zombies, but cant get it to work.

//Mod edit: Please remember to embed your code, as this is stated in the rules.

ModmeBot:

dkamastahow to use this in a mod instead of map?

I have a menu working (credit MAKECENTS da legend) but cant get vars to work with trigger

would be so nice to change speed and health of zombies, but cant get it to work.

Makecents is a talented guy lol. Modifying his code:

while(1){
     level.gametype = "EASY";
     break;
    }
     break;
    }
     level.gametype = "HARD";
     new_zombie_speed(); 	// ADDED THIS NSZ
     break;
    }
     break;
    }
    wait(.05);
   }
  }else{
  }

{
	zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier", 	  75,	false );	//	Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint
	zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_move_speed_multiplier_easy",  75,	false );	//	Multiply by the round number to give the base speed value.  0-40 = walk, 41-70 = run, 71+ = sprint
}

As far as health goes I would have to look into that a bit more, but that is out of the realm of this topic

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dkamasta

natesmithzombies
dkamastahow to use this in a mod instead of map?

Makecents is a talented guy lol. Modifying his code:

while(1){
     level.gametype = "EASY";
     break;
    }
     break;
    }
     level.gametype = "HARD";
     new_zombie_speed(); 	// ADDED THIS NSZ
     break;
    }
     break;
    }
    wait(.05);
   }
  }else{
  }

{
}

As far as health goes I would have to look into that a bit more, but that is out of the realm of this topic

Thnx I will try that!

I got health also now, its off topic but maybe helpfull for anyone else.

zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_health_increase",    100, false, column ); // cumulatively add this to the zombies' starting health each round (up to round 10)
 zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_health_increase_multiplier",0.1,  true, column ); // after round 10 multiply the zombies' starting health by this amount
 zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_health_start",     2000, false, column ); // starting health of a zombie at round 1

ModmeBot:

Reply By: DjackBy9
I feel that after 120 their speed no longer rises ? How to put them speed hack ?

thanks !

ModmeBot:

DjackBy9I feel that after 120 their speed no longer rises ? How to put them speed hack ?

thanks !

The actual translation of their speed is not a function of the variable we are editing in this script. This variable controls the animation type to be either a walk, run, or sprint animation. Each animation then controls the speed at which the zombie is moving. Your only option would be to redo all of the zombie movement animations in maya and edit the "translate x" option in the animation window, then to redo them in APE

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

Ive followed this and it apears to give me the sprinters on round 2

ModmeBot:

MJPW

I found a check in the code that I had missed that forces the zombies to walkers on round one. I added a line of code to the OP, give it a try and report back if it now works on round 1.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CalvinLarson

is there any way I could make the zombies faster than the player starting on right away or on like round 2 or 3. Thanks

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

natesmithzombies
MJPW

I found a check in the code that I had missed that forces the zombies to walkers on round one. I added a line of code to the OP, give it a try and report back if it now works on round 1.

Yep! It works :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ping998

Nate is there a way to increase hellhound health with this method?

The dogs in BO3 are SO weak, I would like to make them much stronger for my map?

ModmeBot:

Ping998

Nate is there a way to increase hellhound health with this method?

The dogs in BO3 are SO weak, I would like to make them much stronger for my map?

level.dog_health

controls the health of the dogs. You would need to force this in a while loop that is always running because this is a function of the dog round and changes in the dog gsc so no you would need to do a different method