Modme Forums

new mg42 weapon prefab

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: CalvinLarson
Is there any way that other people who have already made and ported old guns into bo3 be able to put a download to the prefab/whatever and all the scripts/anims that need to be put into the game or is that something that each person has to do individually. Basically is there a way for me to put ported weapons into my map without me personally having to port them.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Reckfullies
The reason people don't post downloads to ported weapons is because technically we aren't allowed to even have access to that content and it is considered stealing content from the game since they didn't release it on the internet themselves.

An exception would be games that have mod tools with access to the weapon source files.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CalvinLarson
well in that case couldn't guns from WAW and BO1 be put online as prefab downloads. Both the games had mod tools and I would do it myself but I dont have Maya 16 and I have no idea how to do it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Hero115

CalvinLarsonwell in that case couldn't guns from WAW and BO1 be put online as prefab downloads. Both the games had mod tools and I would do it myself but I dont have Maya 16 and I have no idea how to do it.
true. But no one will ever do that for you. And if you're looking for maya 16. Get student version, 3 years free. And i hope who made the bo3 rig can put some time to make it work with 2012. A lot of users are actually using it.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CalvinLarson
Im not saying for me only I am saying that someone who is really good at porting weapons like convicionNDR or someone who can port a gun and put a download or something so we can all add it into our own maps sure there are scripts and other things and such we would need to add in but once you learn how to script certain things once every other gun should be relatively the same. I just want a basic tut for the scripting and downloads for the ported weapons so that it would be easier for not only me but the entire modding community as a whole. I do understand however that this is a lot to ask for and will most likely never happen I am just saying it would be nice to be able to do this.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Reckfullies
Sure there is nothing stopping someone from posting a download to a weapon from World at War, Cod 4 or Black Ops 1 but this is up to the person making it.

If any weapon downloads are released they will be the ones that the person who made them wanted, I seriously doubt that someone will port a weapon that you want if you ask them to since it is so time consuming.

If this is the way you want to do it then expect to wait a bit since people only just started porting a lot of weapons to Black Ops 3.

I will say if I do ever port a weapon I may just post the download since there is no reason not to, then again I suck at porting weapons so that may never happen lol