Modme Forums

[Tutorial] How to Add Ambient Sounds

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: natesmithzombies
Here is a simple tutorial on how to add ambient sounds. I have had several users test the script to ensure it works, and I have received no bugs. If you find any please comment and let me know. Instructions are included in the download folder. https://mega.nz/#!swl30Koa!-zkEy6_f2FIFPPyVm8FlGWGo4ngLj94YaH07-VBFvL8Download

- NSZ

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Blink-420
Thanks for this :) I saw your kino style teleporter on your youtube channel. Any chance you could give a tutorial on that? I'm not a good scripter and a kino style teleporter is essential for my map design..I would greatly appreciate it! Keep up the good work.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

Blink-420Thanks for this :) I saw your kino style teleporter on your youtube channel. Any chance you could give a tutorial on that? I'm not a good scripter and a kino style teleporter is essential for my map design..I would greatly appreciate it! Keep up the good work.

I am still on the fence about sharing that one. It took quite some time to make and I dont want it to be spammed in maps quite yet. Send me some screenshots of your map on twitter and I will help out if the map is nice.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Spirit I eagle
It wont play my sound effect.

it gives no error's but my sound dont play do i need to trigger it or somting?

ModmeBot:

SpiritIt wont play my sound effect.

it gives no error's but my sound dont play do i need to trigger it or somting?

Sounds like you have not converted your sound properly. Do you get errors in launcher?

ModmeBot:

No i dont think so this is what i get

http://paste.md-5.net/mavehusaxu.hs

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Promnigy
Holy mother of god. Couldn't link to a pastebin? Lol

ModmeBot:

SpiritNo i dont think so this is what i get

Next time paste your code here and send the link. Did you include the custom sounds in your user_aliases.csv?

ModmeBot:

Ow yea sorry guys! i check my user.aliases and this is what i put on the bottom:

cave,,,grubbendorf\cave\cave.wav,,,UIN_MOD,,,,,,,,,0,0,85,85,0,500,500,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2d,,,LOOPING,,,0,0,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

here is the zm_test.gcs

my script struct

ModmeBot:

SpiritOw yea sorry guys! i check my user.aliases and this is what i put on the bottom:

cave,,,grubbendorf\cave\cave.wav,,,UIN_MOD,,,,,,,,,0,0,85,85,0,500,500,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2d,,,LOOPING,,,0,0,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

here is the zm_test.gcs

You might have found an error in my script. I update the DL link. Give it a shot and let me know if your sound plays

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
SpiritOw yea sorry guys! i check my user.aliases and this is what i put on the bottom:

here is the zm_test.gcs

You might have found an error in my script. I update the DL link. Give it a shot and let me know if your sound plays

you fixed it! but i have another question i try a scream once in the 5 min can i do it with the script_wait_min, script_wait_max. i try that but its looping over and over again" />

ModmeBot:

Spirit
natesmithzombies

here is the zm_test.gcs

you fixed it! but i have another question i try a scream once in the 5 min can i do it with the script_wait_min, script_wait_max. i try that but its looping over and over again

Delete the "script_label" KVP if you would like your sound to play within the wait_min and wait_max times on repeat with a time delay. I can see how this might seem counter intuitive but "looping" is to be used for sounds that loop without a break you will also want to set your sound alias to NONLOOPING instead of LOOPING

ModmeBot:

Thanks dude! You are the best!

i Will test tomorrow the shootable door

ModmeBot:

SpiritThanks dude! You are the best!

i Will test tomorrow the shootable door

No problem!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

Sound plays across entire map. How do I fix this?

ModmeBot:

mathfag

Either you sound alias is set to 2d or you set the struct to 2d when it should be 3d

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

natesmithzombies
mathfag

Either you sound alias is set to 2d or you set the struct to 2d when it should be 3d

Thanks. That worked (and I also had a duplicate sound alias that had 2d instead od 3d. That was 15 mins of headaches)

ModmeBot:

mathfag
natesmithzombies
mathfag

Thanks. That worked (and I also had a duplicate sound alias that had 2d instead od 3d. That was 15 mins of headaches)

lol glad it worked :)