[Tutorial] Kino Style Teleporter

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: natesmithzombies

Here is my Kino Teleporter Script as seen in:

- Fabrik Der Untoten

- Devil's Workshop

- h00dedsn1per's Kino Remake

Download Instructions are included in the download.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Blink-420
You're the greatest :) Very very much appreciated.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

Blink-420You're the greatest :) Very very much appreciated.

No problem man :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164
Thanks! It will be awesome for my map!

ModmeBot:

Two things:

One: I think instead of "4) Open your maps zone file located in usermaps\zm_test\zone_source and add these lines: #using scripts\_NSZ\nsz_kino_teleporter;"

you are supposed to use "scriptparsetree,scripts/_NSZ/nsz_kino_teleporter.gsc" It wasn't working for me until i fixed that

Two: How do you make it so you can only use it after power is turned on?

ModmeBot:

ZombieKid164Two things:

One: I think instead of "4) Open your maps zone file located in usermaps\zm_test\zone_source and add these lines: #using scripts\_NSZ\nsz_kino_teleporter;"

you are supposed to use "scriptparsetree,scripts/_NSZ/nsz_kino_teleporter.gsc" It wasn't working for me until i fixed that

Not sure what you mean in your first statement there. 4) seems to say what you are saying already.

As for 2 I apparently had a v0.0.5 that fixed the power issue. I updated the OP to have the correct DL. Thanks!

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
ZombieKid164Two things:

Not sure what you mean in your first statement there. 4) seems to say what you are saying already.

As for 2 I apparently had a v0.0.5 that fixed the power issue. I updated the OP to have the correct DL. Thanks!

In the instructions for 0.0.4 you said to add "#using scripts\_NSZ\nsz_kino_teleporter;" to your map's zone file instead of "scriptparsetree,scripts/_NSZ/nsz_kino_teleporter.gsc", but that seems to be fixed in the new instructions. Also, thanks for the upgraded script!

ModmeBot:

ZombieKid164In the instructions for 0.0.4 you said to add "#using scripts\_NSZ\nsz_kino_teleporter;" to your map's zone file instead of "scriptparsetree,scripts/_NSZ/nsz_kino_teleporter.gsc", but that seems to be fixed in the new instructions. Also, thanks for the upgraded script!

No Problem!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dj_jorn
i did exacly what i was suposed to do but the fx sounds don't work, so no single one of the sounds work, how can i fix this?

ModmeBot:

dj_jorni did exacly what i was suposed to do but the fx sounds don't work, so no single one of the sounds work, how can i fix this?

Did you properly place the files in your user_aliases.csv? Are the sounds in your sound_assets folder?

ModmeBot:

Might be a dumb question..but for the random room spawns, I never spawn there. I looked in the script and there was no enable option for it.

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
dj_jorni did exacly what i was suposed to do but the fx sounds don't work, so no single one of the sounds work, how can i fix this?

Did you properly place the files in your user_aliases.csv? Are the sounds in your sound_assets folder?

thanks for your response i already fixed it. there where some broken lines of code infront of it. thanks for the effort.

ModmeBot:

Blink-420Might be a dumb question..but for the random room spawns, I never spawn there. I looked in the script and there was no enable option for it.

i think you have to put also 4 of that type in that room so 4 random room structs. did this help?

ModmeBot:

dj_jorn
Blink-420Might be a dumb question..but for the random room spawns, I never spawn there. I looked in the script and there was no enable option for it.

i think you have to put also 4 of that type in that room so 4 random room structs. did this help?

I can confirm that you need at least 4 of the random_room structs in your map. I missed that bit in the directions

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
dj_jorn

I can confirm that you need at least 4 of the random_room structs in your map. I missed that bit in the directions

I have 4 of em..nothing :(

ModmeBot:

Blink-420I have 4 of em..nothing :(

Just to be sure you have placed 4 "random_room_spawn.map" prefabs in your map?

ModmeBot:

Yes, just tried moving them somewhere else, and placing new ones. Not working :(

ModmeBot:

Blink-420Yes, just tried moving them somewhere else, and placing new ones. Not working :(

I will PM you and we can resolve the issue there so the thread doesn't get clogged. I will report back with the verdict on this issue in case it helps others.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Storno
Hello I do not know how to fix the error

^1#using scripts\_NSZ\nsz_kino_teleporter;

^1---------------------------------------^

^1ERR(83) scripts/zm/zm_survive1.gsc (7,40) : Compiler Internal Error : Compile error processing "using" file - file not found : scripts/_nsz/nsz_kino_teleporter.gsc

ModmeBot:

StornoHello I do not know how to fix the error

^1#using scripts\_NSZ\nsz_kino_teleporter;

^1---------------------------------------^

^1ERR(83) scripts/zm/zm_survive1.gsc (7,40) : Compiler Internal Error : Compile error processing "using" file - file not found : scripts/_nsz/nsz_kino_teleporter.gsc

As it says the file is not found. You appear to have either placed it in the wrong folder or did not include it in your zone file

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Storno
I put it as said in the instructions of the file that you provided I followed all the instruction I nevertheless well check, if my English is bad it is because I am french

ModmeBot:

StornoI put it as said in the instructions of the file that you provided I followed all the instruction I nevertheless well check, if my English is bad it is because I am french

Let me know how a second attempt at install goes

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

I know this is a bit of a older post but is there a way to remove the linking process and just be able to walk onto the pad and pay to teleport? Thanks :)

ModmeBot:

MJPW

I know this is a bit of a older post but is there a way to remove the linking process and just be able to walk onto the pad and pay to teleport? Thanks :)

I added this to my ongoning requests .txt document I have. I am working on a few releases and then I will edit existing code

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

natesmithzombies
MJPW

I added this to my ongoning requests .txt document I have. I am working on a few releases and then I will edit existing code

Niceeee! Always appreciated man :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: h00dedsn1per

lol the guy whos kino remake it is in is h00dedsn1per (me)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: greatbrendini
hey Nate, every time i break up the prefab for the mainframe and the link pad they just stop working. am i doing something wrong? i have a premade teleporter that i wanted to use instead of yours (no offense of course) and when i move the trigger to the teleporter they link and all but when i actually go to teleport it does nothing. any help is greatly appreciated!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: rossdaboss
Awesome!!