Modme Forums

How do I create a new powerup?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: MrZ0mbiesFanatic
I am trying to create the zombie blood powerup from Origins, but I am confused on how to correctly call the script for my map. I looked at the mini gun powerup for reference and created both the .gsc, and the .csc version for my powerup, and added the #using lines to my mapname.gsc, and mapname.csc and added the scriptparsetree to my zone file, but I am getting clientfield mismatch error when loading the map.

If anyone has added any custom powerups to their map, can you tell me how you did it step by step?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Reckfullies
Clearly something went wrong when adding code to your mapname.gsc and csc because that is where this error is coming from.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies
My experience with clientfield mismatch results from you registering a clientfield that doesnt exist. It has happened to me when making a custom perk, but I haven't messed with custom powerups quite yet so I cant quite say how to do it. Its on my long list of things to do lol

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Ya I finally got it to work. That is what happened Nate, was trying to register a clientfield, and I made one for it following the same pattern as it is in powerups.gsh, but apparently that is one of the scripts that CAN'T be edited, so it wasn't updating my change.