Modme Forums

Powerless Teleporters/No linking mainframe

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: alienedits
I was wondering if it would be possible to have multiple teleporters that could run with the power off, and take you to the mainframe without linking it. Also want to know how I could make it cost 500 points per use.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile
Just out of curiosity, how do you plan on having it seem logical? Having teleporters work without the power on, what's your method of having them be "useable" in the sense of logistical thinking?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: alienedits

ExofileJust out of curiosity, how do you plan on having it seem logical? Having teleporters work without the power on, what's your method of having them be "useable" in the sense of logistical thinking?

My map is quite big and teleporting would help get around my map. Basically needing to teleport to get to power

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

alienedits
ExofileJust out of curiosity, how do you plan on having it seem logical? Having teleporters work without the power on, what's your method of having them be "useable" in the sense of logistical thinking?

My map is quite big and teleporting would help get around my map. Basically needing to teleport to get to power

You need something even more complex than you might think. If your map is large and teleporting is an ideal way to travel, you are going to want to have zombies either teleport with you or die and respawn near your new position. Simply teleporting will not be a good solution

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
alienedits

You need something even more complex than you might think. If your map is large and teleporting is an ideal way to travel, you are going to want to have zombies either teleport with you or die and respawn near your new position. Simply teleporting will not be a good solution

Would there be a way to kill off all zombies in one zone, when you enter another?

ModmeBot:

alieneditsWould there be a way to kill off all zombies in one zone, when you enter another?

Yeah you can do that, but I still wouldn't suggest that because players could take advantage of that rather easy. Think about it, if I was getting overwhelmed I could simply just run into the new zone and kill off all the zombies chasing me. Even if they respawn it could still be an issue. The reason it worked so well in GK is because you moved entirely to a new place that was a large distance from the original zombies.

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
alieneditsWould there be a way to kill off all zombies in one zone, when you enter another?

Yeah you can do that, but I still wouldn't suggest that because players could take advantage of that rather easy. Think about it, if I was getting overwhelmed I could simply just run into the new zone and kill off all the zombies chasing me. Even if they respawn it could still be an issue. The reason it worked so well in GK is because you moved entirely to a new place that was a large distance from the original zombies.

Yeah I see your point, thanks for the advice.

ModmeBot:

alienedits
natesmithzombies

Yeah I see your point, thanks for the advice.

No problem, hopefully a better map design alleviates the problem