Modme Forums

Change game over music?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: dabomb48
Is it possible to change the game ending music and if so how?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies
I only looked into it briefly and this appears to be the easiest/fastest fix. I am sure there is a better way though:

At the bottom of your mapname.gsc add this:

function new_gameover_music( music ) 
{ 
 level waittill( "end_game" ); 
 level notify( "sndStateStop" ); 
 players = getplayers(); 
 foreach( player in players ) 
 player PlayLocalSound( music ); 
}

Then thread it in the function main:

level thread new_gameover_music("sound_alias"); 

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dabomb48
So it works but it's playing on top of the original end game music instead of just the one I wanted

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

dabomb48So it works but it's playing on top of the original end game music instead of just the one I wanted

hmm thats interesting for me it stopped the endgame music when I tested

ModmeBot:

Reply By: JerriGaming
Create a new alias and put this in it and change the path

Name,FileSpec,Template,Loadspec,Secondary,VolumeGroup,VolMin,VolMax,DistMin,DistMaxDry,DistMaxWet,DryMaxCurve,WetMaxCurve,DryMinCurve,WetMinCurve,LimitCount,LimitType,EntityLimitCount,EntityLimitType,PitchMin,PitchMax,PriorityMin,PriorityMax,PriorityThresholdMin,PriorityThresholdMax,PanType,Storage,Looping,RandomizeType,Probability,StartDelay,ReverbSend,Duck,Pan,CenterSend,EnvelopMin,EnvelopMax,EnvelopPercent,OcclusionLevel,IsBig,DistanceLpf,DistanceLpfMin,DistanceLpfMax,FluxType,FluxTime,Subtitle,Doppler,Futz,ContextType,ContextValue,Compression,Timescale,IsMusic,FadeIn,FadeOut,Pauseable,StopOnEntDeath,Bus,DuckGroup # Round Sounds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mus_gameover_intro,PATH\sound.wav,UIN_MOD,,,,100,100,,,,,,,,2,oldest,,,1,1,,,,,2d,,nonlooping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes,,,yes,,BUS_MUSIC,

ModmeBot:

JerriGamingCreate a new alias and put this in it and change the path

Name,FileSpec,Template,Loadspec,Secondary,VolumeGroup,VolMin,VolMax,DistMin,DistMaxDry,DistMaxWet,DryMaxCurve,WetMaxCurve,DryMinCurve,WetMinCurve,LimitCount,LimitType,EntityLimitCount,EntityLimitType,PitchMin,PitchMax,PriorityMin,PriorityMax,PriorityThresholdMin,PriorityThresholdMax,PanType,Storage,Looping,RandomizeType,Probability,StartDelay,ReverbSend,Duck,Pan,CenterSend,EnvelopMin,EnvelopMax,EnvelopPercent,OcclusionLevel,IsBig,DistanceLpf,DistanceLpfMin,DistanceLpfMax,FluxType,FluxTime,Subtitle,Doppler,Futz,ContextType,ContextValue,Compression,Timescale,IsMusic,FadeIn,FadeOut,Pauseable,StopOnEntDeath,Bus,DuckGroup # Round Sounds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mus_gameover_intro,PATH\sound.wav,UIN_MOD,,,,100,100,,,,,,,,2,oldest,,,1,1,,,,,2d,,nonlooping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes,,,yes,,BUS_MUSIC,

I tried it but got an error

ERROR: I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\share\raw\sound\aliases\gameovermusic.csv

ERROR: Missing required column DuckGroup

ModmeBot:

Nevermind I was able to figure it out . So all I had to do was change the name of my original alias line to "mus_gameover_intro". This was my alias:

Name,Behavior,Storage,FileSpec,FileSpecSustain,FileSpecRelease,Template,Loadspec,Secondary,SustainAlias,ReleaseAlias,Bus,VolumeGroup,DuckGroup,Duck,ReverbSend,CenterSend,VolMin,VolMax,DistMin,DistMaxDry,DistMaxWet,DryMinCurve,DryMaxCurve,WetMinCurve,WetMaxCurve,LimitCount,LimitType,EntityLimitCount,EntityLimitType,PitchMin,PitchMax,PriorityMin,PriorityMax,PriorityThresholdMin,PriorityThresholdMax,AmplitudePriority,PanType,Pan,Futz,Looping,RandomizeType,Probability,StartDelay,EnvelopMin,EnvelopMax,EnvelopPercent,OcclusionLevel,IsBig,DistanceLpf,FluxType,FluxTime,Subtitle,Doppler,ContextType,ContextValue,ContextType1,ContextValue1,ContextType2,ContextValue2,ContextType3,ContextValue3,Timescale,IsMusic,IsCinematic,FadeIn,FadeOut,Pauseable,StopOnEntDeath,Compression,StopOnPlay,DopplerScale,FutzPatch,VoiceLimit,IgnoreMaxDist,NeverPlayTwice,ContinuousPan,FileSource,FileSourceSustain,FileSourceRelease,FileTarget,FileTargetSustain,FileTargetRelease,Platform,Language,OutputDevices,PlatformMask,WiiUMono,StopAlias,DistanceLpfMin,DistanceLpfMax,FacialAnimationName,RestartContextLoops,SilentInCPZ,ContextFailsafe,GPAD,GPADOnly,MuteVoice,MuteMusic,RowSourceFileName,RowSourceShortName,RowSourceLineNumber ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
#GameOverMusic
mus_gameover_intro,,,music\endgame.wav,,,UIN_MOD,,,,,BUS_MUSIC,grp_music,,,,,100,100,,,,,,,,,,,,,,100,100,0,1,,2d,music_all,,NONLOOPING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes,,,,yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ProBeazt

I'm a little confused as to what to do now, please could someone simplify for me, what do i name my song and what folder should i put it in? Do I have to edit 'User Aliases'? Thanks

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5

ProBeazt

I'm a little confused as to what to do now, please could someone simplify for me, what do i name my song and what folder should i put it in? Do I have to edit 'User Aliases'? Thanks

you edit user alias or whatever alias you have set up for your map, you just add that line in alias in that line there is a path/sound.wav you edit that to the folder name then the sound file name, so in sound assets you put say endgame in that folder you put the sound with any name you want for this say endmusic.wav in the alias line it should say endgame/endmusic.wav so it knows where to get the sound really easy.

ModmeBot:

Ok I did that, it has no errors but when i end the game it is completely silent?

ModmeBot:

ProBeazt

Ok I did that, it has no errors but when i end the game it is completely silent?

did you use mus_gamever_intro as the first thing in the alias line? also did you make sure your sound file was in 48000?

ModmeBot:

Yep, I made sure of it, where he has ( music ) in the script, I've left it as it is but should i change it?

Also ("sound_alias"); is left like that. Should I change it?

ModmeBot:

ProBeazt

Yep, I made sure of it, where he has ( music ) in the script, I've left it as it is but should i change it?

Also ("sound_alias"); is left like that. Should I change it?

you do not need a script at all just remove any script only use the alias 3arc already has the gameover music set up so you only need to change the sound.

mus_gameover_intro,,,game_end\game_over.wav,,,UIN_MOD,,,,,BUS_MUSIC,,,,,,100,100,,,,,,,,2,oldest,,,1,1,,,,,,2d,,,NONLOOPING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[/left]

ModmeBot:

Perfect, it's working now. You must think i'm a right idiot :)

Thanks very much, you're a hero!

ModmeBot:

ProBeazt

Perfect, it's working now. You must think i'm a right idiot :)

Thanks very much, you're a hero!

no problem, glad i could help