Modme Forums

Custom Powerup: Zombie Money

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: natesmithzombies

Custom Powerup: Zombie Money By: NateSmithZombies

This power up has a 1/6 chance of the following points being given to the player score: 250 500 1000 1250 1500 -1500

If you are to make a tutorial with my content you must link the original ModMe post. You cannot repost the DL link to any other site (incuding YouTube). If you use my work please give me credit. You giving credit motivates me to help the community! :)

<download data-url="https://mega.nz/#!o99RXYjK!PpOIxe3qpsc5Sb-6G45bZa5oRBpuoAmNyoRmmLYdzJA"></download>

Instructions

Instructions are included in the download.

Updates

Jan 2 2017: Added Bo2 announcer and updated shader

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZombieKid164
-1500? I might remove that one when I use it... Nice script! :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

ZombieKid164-1500? I might remove that one when I use it... Nice script! :D

I like the troll so I threw it in lol

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dkamasta
brilliant

thnx

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PentaFrost
Hi Nate.

Great powerup and thanks for making it public.

ive been using this alone in my map, it worked perfect then.

But now ive added all 6 of your public powerups. All the other 5 seems to show up occasionally but i never get the Zombie money anymore. Ive tested it over 200 rounds in total now. Still no zombie money. If i out comment the 5 other ones and let zombie money be the only one again, it works.

Any idea if they interfere with one another on the zombie money drop?

ModmeBot:

PentaFrostHi Nate.

But now ive added all 6 of your public powerups. All the other 5 seems to show up occasionally but i never get the Zombie money anymore. Ive tested it over 200 rounds in total now. Still no zombie money. If i out comment the 5 other ones and let zombie money be the only one again, it works.

Not sure why it would interfere with the drops. Maybe there is something weird going on after a certain number of drops have been added. I cant check atm as I am out of the state and dont have my scripts on my laptop. Here are some things to try to isolate the issue:

- rearrange the order of the installed powerups in your mapname.gsc, if you put a different powerup where zombie money is then it might be the limit

- try to remove a powerup and see if you can get it then, if this is the case you could remove carpenter from your powerups because screw that powerup lol

I will look into a fix as soon as I can. I may call home to see if I can get a family member to upload my scripts to a cloud drive so I can take a look.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5

natesmithzombies
PentaFrostHi Nate.

Not sure why it would interfere with the drops. Maybe there is something weird going on after a certain number of drops have been added. I cant check atm as I am out of the state and dont have my scripts on my laptop. Here are some things to try to isolate the issue:

- rearrange the order of the installed powerups in your mapname.gsc, if you put a different powerup where zombie money is then it might be the limit

- try to remove a powerup and see if you can get it then, if this is the case you could remove carpenter from your powerups because screw that powerup lol

I will look into a fix as soon as I can. I may call home to see if I can get a family member to upload my scripts to a cloud drive so I can take a look.

it might for sure be the weapon power up messing with it, everything was spawning added the weapon powerup did not see a Money Powerup but i saw all the others. & i tested it with a soulbox after i added the weapon drop powerup, the powerups were in it they worked before this, i was getting an invisible powerup Money Powerup

edit they both have the same REGISTER_SYSTEM in GSC with zm_powerup_weapon.

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
PentaFrostHi Nate.

I just got home again, so will test now.

Will try and rearrange stuff to se if it works, and then test with 1 removed.

But now that you mention it, i havent seen carpenter since aswell. So might be the limit.

Will come back soon with test results :)

ModmeBot:

PentaFrost
natesmithzombies
PentaFrostHi Nate.

But now that you mention it, i havent seen carpenter since aswell. So might be the limit.

there is no limit he put the same register system in the GSC for zombie money & weapon power up, he put zm_powerup_weapon in the money powerup gsc not zm_powerup_money, go to the powerup money GSC file change the name in the register system line, just replace weapon with money than it should work fine.

ModmeBot:

tbone-5
PentaFrost
natesmithzombies
PentaFrostHi Nate.

there is no limit he put the same register system in the GSC for zombie money & weapon power up, he put zm_powerup_weapon in the money powerup gsc not zm_powerup_money, go to the powerup money GSC file change the name in the register system line, just replace weapon with money than it should work fine.

Okay ty m8, will test again.

I just rearranged it abit and then the weapon stopped working. I think it loads weapon first and then gets overwritten in money script. If it works the way you say here

i will try what you suggested.

I hope that you will take a look at it though nate and see if it correct now.

ModmeBot:

What really makes me wonder, is why i dont get carpenter anymore?

ModmeBot:

PentaFrost
tbone-5
PentaFrost
natesmithzombies
PentaFrostHi Nate.

Okay ty m8, will test again.

I just rearranged it abit and then the weapon stopped working. I think it loads weapon first and then gets overwritten in money script. If it works the way you say here

i will try what you suggested.

I hope that you will take a look at it though nate and see if it correct

i think the register system line needs to be its own name for it to spawn in otherwise it will be an invisible power up with sound when foced to spawn or it will be replaced by the weapon powerup. I'm not a good scripter so i can't really tell you how it works

ModmeBot:

Alright so I took a look and indeed the register system for both Zombie Money and the Empty Perk Bottle powerups were the same as the Random Weapon registry. I updated the DL's so a simple reinstall of those 3 should fix the spawning issues.

As far as the model not appearing, you may need to open the GDT at least once for the model to show. Each GDT is located in root>model_export>_NSZ>_GDT. Open it in APE just so that it converts. Let me know if this all works out for you guys!

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombiesAlright so I took a look and indeed the register system for both Zombie Money and the Empty Perk Bottle powerups were the same as the Random Weapon registry. I updated the DL's so a simple reinstall of those 3 should fix the spawning issues.

As far as the model not appearing, you may need to open the GDT at least once for the model to show. Each GDT is located in root>model_export>_NSZ>_GDT. Open it in APE just so that it converts. Let me know if this all works out for you guys!

it works great now the register system was why the model was not working/showing, everything is good now nice job on all these power up scripts & fixing the small issues so fast.

ModmeBot:

tbone-5
natesmithzombiesAlright so I took a look and indeed the register system for both Zombie Money and the Empty Perk Bottle powerups were the same as the Random Weapon registry. I updated the DL's so a simple reinstall of those 3 should fix the spawning issues.

it works great now the register system was why the model was not working/showing, everything is good now nice job on all these power up scripts & fixing the small issues so fast.

No problem man! Thanks for being cool about reporting issues nicely! #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork lol

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
tbone-5

No problem man! Thanks for being cool about reporting issues nicely! #TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork lol

yeah i don't mind testing scripts to make sure everything works the way its suppose to work, whenever you release any kind of scripts in the future if there are any bugs in them I'll report them nicely lol, I'm glad i saved you time of finding the issue yourself. your scripts are really easy to edit/understand to i wanted a perk slot that also did not go away on down to for a EE type reward, but did not drop from zombies & i did it all because your perk bottle script, i cant figure out how to give the perk bottle to the player from shootable objects & have it be to all players. right now i have this set can't figure out how to make it give your drop or if it would even give it to all players.
player zm_perks::give_random_perk();

ModmeBot:

Thanks for quick response and fix Nate.

Im gonna install and test tommorow and report back if it worked for me aswell.

But one thing you might wanna look into. Carpenter doesnt spawn for me anymore. I dont know if it's related to how many windows you have. i only have 2 on my test map.

But got work. So gotta go to bed.

Testing tommorow and returning with my results aswell.

Once again thanks for the fixes and release of them in the first place.

You the man

#Hero

ModmeBot:

tbone-5yeah i don't mind testing scripts to make sure everything works the way its suppose to work, whenever you release any kind of scripts in the future if there are any bugs in them I'll report them nicely lol, I'm glad i saved you time of finding the issue yourself. your scripts are really easy to edit/understand to i wanted a perk slot that also did not go away on down to for a EE type reward, but did not drop from zombies & i did it all because your perk bottle script, i cant figure out how to give the perk bottle to the player from shootable objects & have it be to all players. right now i have this set can't figure out how to make it give your drop or if it would even give it to all players.

I can help you for sure, just make another help topic really quick so that other users can reference it without having to dig through this post. Thanks!

ModmeBot:

PentaFrostThanks for quick response and fix Nate.

Im gonna install and test tommorow and report back if it worked for me aswell.

But one thing you might wanna look into. Carpenter doesnt spawn for me anymore. I dont know if it's related to how many windows you have. i only have 2 on my test map.

But got work. So gotta go to bed.

Testing tommorow and returning with my results aswell.

Once again thanks for the fixes and release of them in the first place.

You the man

#Hero

Thanks man! I dont mind releasing my stuff because the people on ModMe are very grateful. I love the community ;)

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
tbone-5yeah i don't mind testing scripts to make sure everything works the way its suppose to work, whenever you release any kind of scripts in the future if there are any bugs in them I'll report them nicely lol, I'm glad i saved you time of finding the issue yourself. your scripts are really easy to edit/understand to i wanted a perk slot that also did not go away on down to for a EE type reward, but did not drop from zombies & i did it all because your perk bottle script, i cant figure out how to give the perk bottle to the player from shootable objects & have it be to all players. right now i have this set can't figure out how to make it give your drop or if it would even give it to all players.

I can help you for sure, just make another help topic really quick so that other users can reference it without having to dig through this post. Thanks!

okay ill do that right now thanks.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Dick_Nixon
Hey Nate, since you're on a spree of making custom powerups, do you think you can make a bon-fire sale?

ModmeBot:

Dick_NixonHey Nate, since you're on a spree of making custom powerups, do you think you can make a bon-fire sale?

I think that is already in. I cant say for sure because I am not at my computer but I would find the name of the bonfire sale script and then include it as I have for my powerups in your mapname.gsc and your zone file

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
Dick_NixonHey Nate, since you're on a spree of making custom powerups, do you think you can make a bon-fire sale?

I think that is already in. I cant say for sure because I am not at my computer but I would find the name of the bonfire sale script and then include it as I have for my powerups in your mapname.gsc and your zone file

they gave us a bonfire script, but i tried that bonfire script before it does not work how it is stock, just makes it so map will not load with a error. i think he wants one because 3arcs does not work.

ModmeBot:

tbone-5
natesmithzombies

they gave us a bonfire script, but i tried that bonfire script before it does not work how it is stock, just makes it so map will not load with a error. i think he wants one because 3arcs does not work.

Oh man didnt realize that. I can give it a shot asap with some guys through discord. Cant do anything right now without the bonfire script and no bo3 on the laptop.

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
tbone-5
natesmithzombies

Oh man didnt realize that. I can give it a shot asap with some guys through discord. Cant do anything right now without the bonfire script and no bo3 on the laptop.

i can send you the bo3 bonfire scripts if you want would take me a second.

ModmeBot:

Updates

Jan 2 2017: Added Bo2 announcer and updated shader

ModmeBot:

Cool stuff man :)

Than you.

Tested them all.

The only one not playing for me is Zombie money?

Dont know if it's not working correct?

ModmeBot:

PentaFrost

Than you.

Tested them all.

Updated, can you confirm it works now?

ModmeBot:

natesmithzombies
PentaFrost

Than you.

Tested them all.

Updated, can you confirm it works now?

It sure does :) Thanks.

One thing i would say, is that all the other 3 is quite low in volume. With other things going on nearby you almost not hear it.

Dont know if there is a way to make them louder, the cash one is a good volume :)

pheeeeesh:

Could this be modified to make a drop/share points function or would there be an easier way of doing that?

Harry Bo21:

This post is years old, he left years ago