Modme Forums

show PAP guns in box with levelcommon_weapons.csv

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: dkamasta
This is a question for a MOD, not a map.

Box with custom weapons and sounds got that working check (for every map)

temp box fix have custom box with pap guns in it working check (for every map)

start with a custom pap gun got that working check

but when I try do this just in levelcommon_weapons.csv all guns show up also custom but not the PAP ones

And in that file its the one after: show in box TRUE,FALSE I make it TRUE,TRUE so also show pap in box but wont show.

I tried add level.chest_level = 1; but still dont show, only show none pap

help help

also I want to get it to work that the custom weapons of a map work together with my custom guns, is this possible?

I mean lately many maps have ported guns in box. I see them, but I cant get them, cause I use my own levelcommon_weapons.

But I would like to set it up, that both guns are usable. so map and mod guns

Also I cant buy custom guns from wall when I use my levelcommon_weapons in my mod. Do I just need change the name of my csv file or? so that they add up or?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5
i could not figure out why guns wont come out of the box papped either seems like that line is broken, you can force a pap gun in the box by making the pap gun in the normal weapon slot if you really wanted to, im making a weapon mod to how did you change the starting pistol? i would like to know i don't know much about doing this stuff in mods got everything working but a custom starting weapon so far, in maps its easy. also you cant buy custom wall weapons because the weapons have to be in your levelcommon so just like how you would get a PPSH wallbuy working in a custom map with one you add it to your levelcommon, but the only thing is you need to find there spawn IDs using console or something make them not show up in the box.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dkamasta
getting a startgun has been shared many times, but I will show you

startingWeapon = "mwr_mp5_upgraded";
 weapon = getWeapon(startingWeapon);
 level.start_weapon = (weapon);

for full box control I used a video from MAKECENTS:

so that all works fine, but I think couldnt we script it that it adds up the guns with the custom guns of the map??

but with this temp. box fix you can put pap and normal guns in box. So I think that is the only solution now. cause with levelcommon_weapons it wont show pap guns.

ModmeBot:

i already knew about this script i don't know how to do s starting weapon in a mod, i don't know how to put scripts into a mod, i have never done a mod before the one I'm doing now. doing starting weapons on maps are easy

ModmeBot:

mod and map are very similar (but also different)

just add in zone file a mod.gsc

and put into it

your lines

or add me on steam I help you.

ModmeBot:

what is your steam name? ill add you, i need a few more details then that still can't figure it out.

ModmeBot:

Moto Moto or DKA_Masta

ModmeBot:

i can't find you on steam just add me tbone_5

ModmeBot:

tbone-5i can't find you on steam just add me tbone_5

I added my steam link to my name

played bunker 10 and had my custom guns and custom map guns in box. weird

also still cant get pap guns to work in levelcommon it wont show them.

maybe someone knows more about this

I would like to have my custom guns of my mod be in box with custom guns of the map together. Some maps this works some not. someone know more?

also when in levelcommon.weapon I put show in box pap gun TRUE it wont show, anyone know more bout this?