Modme Forums

Character quotes

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: snprym
Does somebody know how to fix character quotes for the origins/SOE crew in custom zombies? Its kinda boring and silent with nobody talking. It is possible, in the new map Christmas Carol the characters talk

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies
Not sure how to do this myself. In Christmas Carol I did the boss Reaper, so I havent a clue. I imagine its probably something simple to add the vox system in. MakeCents and RDV did the remaining scripts. Give them a tweet and ask

ModmeBot:

Reply By: WARDOGSK93
from what ive been told is the vox sounds are not included like weapons were not so you would just have to port the sounds and create alias for them but tbh i havnt done this myself so dont know if it will work just waht ive been told should work

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5
here just link this alias to your map in sound zoneconfig

{ zm_mapname.szc add "Type" : "ALIAS", "Name" : "zm_vox", "Filename" : "zm_vox.csv", "Specs" : [ ] },

Download

than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like this zombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace. finally add this to your map gsc under function main

//player vox
level thread add_zm_vox();

than add this to the bottom of your gsc

// zombie voxfunction add_zm_vox(){ zm_audio::loadPlayerVoiceCategories("gamedata/audio/zm/zm_vox.csv");} 

than add this to your maps zone file than your done, if i missed anything let me know.

// zm voxstringtable,gamedata/audio/zm/zm_vox.csv

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Gbergz

tbone-5here just link this alias to your map in sound zoneconfig

{ zm_mapname.szc add "Type" : "ALIAS", "Name" : "zm_vox", "Filename" : "zm_vox.csv", "Specs" : [ ] },

Download

than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like this zombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace. finally add this to your map gsc under function main

//player vox

// zombie voxfunction add_zm_vox(){ zm_audio::loadPlayerVoiceCategories("gamedata/audio/zm/zm_vox.csv");} 

than add this to your maps zone file than your done, if i missed anything let me know.

hello i just did this, and the only character sounds i got was when i got hit, am i missing something here?

ModmeBot:

Gbergz

Download

//player vox

hello i just did this, and the only character sounds i got was when i got hit, am i missing something here?

we are missing some of the vox strings or something, the thing that is set up for them to react to stuff forgot the name of what its called but not all vox work its better then nothing right now, wallbuys should also have vox i think other stuff should to not sure exactly what.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Gbergz

tbone-5
Gbergz

Download

//player vox

we are missing some of the vox strings or something, the thing that is set up for them to react to stuff forgot the name of what its called but not all vox work its better then nothing right now, wallbuys should also have vox i think other stuff should to not sure exactly what.

Ah alright, but i got everything working atleast. Its so much more nicer to play now, hearing the characters talking :) Thanks for this really appreciate it. I will put you in the credits of my map.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: PentaFrost
Sorry for being a bit noob here.

but i dont quite understand this step?

than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like this zombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace.

What is it i do here?

ModmeBot:

PentaFrostSorry for being a bit noob here.

than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like thiszombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace.

What is it i do here?

are you referring to the file path? sound assets in root folder go in it go to zombie folder create folders called vox/scripted/castle than rip all the vox files from castle that is DE, then put the vox sounds in the castle folder that you made in sound assets. hope that helped.

ModmeBot:

tbone-5

than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like thiszombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace.

What is it i do here?

are you referring to the file path? sound assets in root folder go in it go to zombie folder create folders called vox/scripted/castle than rip all the vox files from castle that is DE, then put the vox sounds in the castle folder that you made in sound assets. hope that helped.

All files that is DE?

Rip em how.

Im not entirely sure what it all means in this specific situation.

ModmeBot:

PentaFrost
tbone-5

What is it i do here?

All files that is DE?

Rip em how.

open wraith load file go to black ops 3 root go to Call of Duty Black Ops III\zone\snd\en\zm_castle.en.sabs open with wraith export all.

ModmeBot:

tbone-5
PentaFrost
tbone-5

What is it i do here?

All files that is DE?

Rip em how.

open wraith load file go to black ops 3 root go to Call of Duty Black Ops III\zone\snd\en\zm_castle.en.sabs open with wraith export all.

ohhh i see.

Forgive me i have never used wraith or ripped models at all. (yet)

shit i feel stupid now :I

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the help :)

ModmeBot:

PentaFrost
tbone-5
PentaFrost
tbone-5

What is it i do here?

All files that is DE?

Rip em how.

ohhh i see.

Forgive me i have never used wraith or ripped models at all. (yet)

shit i feel stupid now :I

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the help :)

its all good, glad i could help.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: snprym

Download

//player vox

Sorry for late reply, but how do i port voices from SOE? I only see xmodels and xanims no sound files

ModmeBot:

snprym

Download

//player vox

Sorry for late reply, but how do i port voices from SOE? I only see xmodels and xanims no sound files

i don't think you can right now, i could not even get perk jingles from SOE sound files for some reason wraith won't open SOE sound files.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: snprym

tbone-5
snprym

Download

//player vox

i don't think you can right now, i could not even get perk jingles from SOE sound files for some reason wraith won't open SOE sound files.

I dont have any dlc, so that means i cant get vox in my custom map?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

snprym
tbone-5
snprym

Download

//player vox

I dont have any dlc, so that means i cant get vox in my custom map?

I have all the DLC and I still can't find any of the vox quotes. What file are you finding these in?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZeRoY

Download than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like this zombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace. finally add this to your map gsc under function main

//player vox

Credit Ardivee at least. You go on the list my friend. http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_bo3:_ZM_Voxes

ModmeBot:

ZeRoY

Download than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like this zombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace. finally add this to your map gsc under function main

//player vox

Credit Ardivee at least. You go on the list my friend. http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_bo3:_ZM_Voxes

did not take credit for anything if you read it, was simply helping someone do it & gave him something i already had in my tools would have had no clue where to get that link if i wanted to, i did take credit for anything in any way, also what list? for helping someone? not really scared of a list tbh when i did nothing wrong but help someone, i do not even see a name on that page or his let alone how i would know who made it from that even if i had the page link when i helped him i would have just linked the page & it would have took me 10x less time but no i went out of my way typed all that & helped someone.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Exofile

tbone-5

did not take credit for anything if you read it, was simply helping someone do it & gave him something i already had in my tools would have had no clue where to get that link if i wanted to, i did take credit for anything in any way, also what list? for helping someone? not really scared of a list tbh when i did nothing wrong but help someone, i do not even see a name on that page or his let alone how i would know who made it from that even if i had the page link when i helped him i would have just linked the page & it would have took me 10x less time but no i went out of my way typed all that & helped someone.

Credits are right at the bottom, if you follow the tutorial you can't miss it..

ModmeBot:

Exofile
tbone-5

Credits are right at the bottom, if you follow the tutorial you can't miss it..

okay but i did not have the page in the first place when i posted that telling him how to do it all i had was the stuff already in my map so i just told him how otherwise would have linked that if i had it, so i still could not have known, all i can do is now is edit on the post that it's not mine or add that it's his with a link, or i can delete it & add just the link up to you.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Dan9977

tbone-5i don't think you can right now, i could not even get perk jingles from SOE sound files for some reason wraith won't open SOE sound files.

i was able to get most of them from files called zm_common

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CaptainHT

//player vox

Apparently my game rejects this script \/ any fix?

//player vox

ModmeBot:

CaptainHT

//player vox

//player vox

use the link ZeRoY put for help. he messed up the link on his he did not insert it so ill fix it, ZoRoY provided the link http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_bo3:_ZM_Voxes

ModmeBot:

Reply By: CaptainHT

tbone-5
CaptainHT

//player vox

//player vox

use the link ZeRoY put for help. he messed up the link on his he did not insert it so ill fix it, ZoRoY provided the link http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_bo3:_ZM_Voxes

It still did not work. There are "0 perameters" of the "add_zm_vox" when i get the error. :(

ModmeBot:

CaptainHT
tbone-5
CaptainHT

//player vox

//player vox

It still did not work. There are "0 perameters" of the "add_zm_vox" when i get the error. :(

i do not know how to help with that error, never had it before sorry. maybe someone on here will help you out

ModmeBot:

Reply By: AppleGenius115

Gbergz
tbone-5Gbergztbone-5here just link this alias to your map in sound zoneconfig { zm_mapname.szc add "Type" : "ALIAS", "Name" : "zm_vox", "Filename" : "zm_vox.csv", "Specs" : [ ] }, than add a file path for the folders in sound assets like this zombie\vox\scripted\castle then rip all the vox files for the DE place them is castle sound assets folder. you can change any vox sound you want as long as you name the same as ones you replace. finally add this to your map gsc under function main //player vox level thread add_zm_vox(); than add this to the bottom of your gsc // zombie voxfunction add_zm_vox(){ zm_audio::loadPlayerVoiceCategories("gamedata/audio/zm/zm_vox.csv");} than add this to your maps zone file than your done, if i missed anything let me know. // zm voxstringtable,gamedata/audio/zm/zm_vox.csv hello i just did this, and the only character sounds i got was when i got hit, am i missing something here? we are missing some of the vox strings or something, the thing that is set up for them to react to stuff forgot the name of what its called but not all vox work its better then nothing right now, wallbuys should also have vox i think other stuff should to not sure exactly what. Ah alright, but i got everything working atleast. Its so much more nicer to play now, hearing the characters talking :) Thanks for this really appreciate it. I will put you in the credits of my map.

What did you do to get it all working? I did everything that was said and I still have nothing working.