Modme Forums

[HELP] Melee Weapon That Kills Multiple Zombies

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: MJPW

Hi there! Im putting the axe into my map and I was curious if there was some sort of way to make it similar to the one in Zombies In Spaceland. Even if it does a select amount of damage to the area that you are swinging in that would be pretty cool. That way the melee weapons would be worth holding on to for a while.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

I believe there is a notify on the player after a melee is complete called "Melee_end". I could very easily call that on the players and then have a check for the weapon and the player angles to be sure they are facing the zombies, then I can kill them. It shouldnt be hard assuming that the melee weapon is similar in asset properties to a normal weapon. I don't know much about weapons (only because I knew everyone else would just do them so I never bothered lol).

Can you give the weapon in console like a normal weapon? Example: /give zm_wpn_axe

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

natesmithzombies

I believe there is a notify on the player after a melee is complete called "Melee_end". I could very easily call that on the players and then have a check for the weapon and the player angles to be sure they are facing the zombies, then I can kill them. It shouldnt be hard assuming that the melee weapon is similar in asset properties to a normal weapon. I don't know much about weapons (only because I knew everyone else would just do them so I never bothered lol).

Can you give the weapon in console like a normal weapon? Example: /give zm_wpn_axe

Yes its a normal type of weapon with 'mjpw_axe'

ModmeBot:

Reply By: MJPW

Any luck? :)