Modme Forums

[AGC Tutorials] Fix Custom Weapons Not Going Into The Box!

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Wild
Wild's Tutorials!
Fix Custom Weapons Not Going Into The Box!

Hello, do you have the problem where custom weapons that you download and install will not show up in the box? Well I did too, and this is how you fix it!

Step 1) Make sure you fully install the weapon you downloaded/created. This includes adding all the text it tells you to add, wherever it tells you to add it.

Step 2) If you are on this step that probably means your weapons still don't show up in the box. Here's what you do next.

- Go to this location: BO3ROOT\share\raw\gamedata\weapons\zm.

- In the zm folder, copy the file named: zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv

Step 3) Now that you've copied that file, head on over to you map's folder. This can be found by going to: BO3ROOT\usermaps\zm_yourmap or by simply right clicking your map in the launcher and click "Open map folder"

Next, once inside your map's folder you want to create a new folder named "gamedata". Inside of the gamedata folder create another folder named "weapons". Inside the weapons folder create another folder named "zm". Inside this zm folder you now want to paste that zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv file we copied from earlier. Now when installing custom weapons you are going to put the text in this location, not the BO3ROOT\share\raw\gamedata\etc. location where it says in the weapon's instruction.

Step 4) Open up your map's GSC file. This should be located here: BO3ROOT\usermaps\scripts\zm_yourmap.gsc. Do the same for your map's CSC.

At the very bottom under everything add this function if it is not already there:

function custom_add_weapons()
{
zm_weapons::load_weapon_spec_from_table("gamedata/weapons/zm/zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv", 1);
}

It should already be in both the GSC and CSC by default, but you need to make sure just in case.

Step 5) Open up your map's zone file. Easiest way is to right click your map in the launcher and click "Edit Zone File".

Once here you want to find where you added all the text for your weapons that it said to add to the zone file. Under all of it, add this text if it's not already there:

stringtable,gamedata/weapons/zm/zm_levelcommon_weapons.csv

Step 6) Finally, compile and link your map and all that fun stuff and your weapons should now appear in the box! This most likely will also fix any problem you have with wall buys.

"How do I know this will work?"

Well it worked for me when I had this problem and every one else who had this problem I told them to do the same thing and it worked for them. So with that said, unless your problem is related to some random thing then this should work for you too!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: durtybrown94
Dude thanks alot, im going to post this to a ported weapon pack i had issues with.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

durtybrown94
Dude thanks alot, im going to post this to a ported weapon pack i had issues with.

No problem!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: dkamasta
plz dont do so hard, just use scripters releases omg:

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

dkamasta
plz dont do so hard, just use scripters releases omg:

What's hard about this? It's literally so easy. You just copy over a file and paste the weapon text there instead of in your shared location. Plus doing it the way in the video takes longer since you have to manually put all the weapons in instead of copying what is in the installation for each weapon.