Modme Forums

Custom Powerup: Free Pack A Punch (V1.0.0)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ZoekMeMaar:

I made a custom power up (Free Pack A Punch) and tought why not release it to the community.
The power up gives the player who picked it up a upgraded version of the weapon they are currently using. And if the weapon is already upgraded it will give you a random AAT(Alternate Ammo Type).
There is a custom vox included which I made aka (No Copyright) and added the samantha laugh that plays when player (drinks perk, laststand etc..).

Instructions are included in the download!

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

Does this give you the upgraded gun forever or is this atimed powerup and you only get the gun for lets say 30 seconds?

ZoekMeMaar:

AGC
Does this give you the upgraded gun forever or is this atimed powerup and you only get the gun for lets say 30 seconds?

Nah but I am making it right now for you

ZoekMeMaar:

A version that takes the upgraded gun after 30 seconds, but you can set the seconds yourself like (Stock: 'level.temp_upgraded_time=30;' Custom: 'level.temp_upgraded_time=own seconds amount;').
(This version is basicly the ephemeral enhancement gobblegum), This version had a small bug where it checked for the defined (FIXED)

Instructions are included in the download.

Also if you are gonna make a tutorial or just use it in your map please give me credit, don't be an ass.

Credit: natesmithzombies, (For learing how to make a custom power up aka look at his scripts how he did it and just try something yourself).

Download

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

ZoekMeMaar
AGC

Nah but I am making it right now for you

Sweet, thank you:)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: snprym

ZoekMeMaar

I made a custom power up (Free Pack A Punch) for the map I am making as there is not gonna be a Pack A Punch machine, so I tought why not release it to the community.

The power up gives the player who picked it up a upgraded version of the weapon they are currently using, Also if the weapon is already upgraded it will give you a random AAT(Alternate Ammo Type).

There is a custom vox included which I made aka (No Copyright), Also I have added the samantha laugh that plays when player (drinks perk, laststand etc..).

Instructions are included in the download.

Also if you are gonna make a tutorial or just use it in your map please give me credit, don't be an ass.

Credit: natesmithzombies, (For learing how to make a custom power up aka look at his scripts how he did it and just try something yourself).

Download

Sick man!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: D-2-K

Thank you very much great idea

ModmeBot:

Reply By: natesmithzombies

I dont often give wins, but you got one from me

ModmeBot:

ZoekMeMaar
natesmithzombies

OMG The script master!!!, Thanks M8. Could you maybe help me on a small prob I am having with the timed version?

(It lets you pack the gun, but what I want is that all triggers are gonna be invinsible if the player is currently holding the wapen. I did find a player var tho self.ignoreTriggers = true; but as of how many times I tested it's not working)

You wouldnt want to ignore all triggers, just the PaP ones. This is what I would do to ignore the PaP triggers:

foreach( trig in level.pack_a_punch.triggers )
	trig SetVisibleToTeam( "axis" );

Then after the powerup is over:

trig SetVisibleToTeam( "allies" );

ModmeBot:

ZoekMeMaar
natesmithzombies
ZoekMeMaar
natesmithzombies

OMG The script master!!!, Thanks M8. Could you maybe help me on a small prob I am having with the timed version?

(It lets you pack the gun, but what I want is that all triggers are gonna be invinsible if the player is currently holding the wapen. I did find a player var tho self.ignoreTriggers = true; but as of how many times I tested it's not working)

You wouldnt want to ignore all triggers, just the PaP ones. This is what I would do to ignore the PaP triggers:

trig SetVisibleToTeam( "axis" );

Then after the powerup is over:

trig SetVisibleToTeam( "allies" );

Thanks, would this also work for the mystery box, This is what i have currently but wont work

function check_temp_upgraded_wep(upgrade_weapon, int)
{
	self endon("temp_upgraded_done_");
	for(;;)
	{
		if(self GetCurrentWeapon() == upgrade_weapon){
			//self IPrintLnBold("dd");
			self.ignoreTriggers = true; 
		}
		else{
			self IPrintLnBold("dd");
			self.ignoreTriggers = false; 
		}
		wait 0.01;
	}
}

For the box you are going to have to get a bit tricky. This has been tested and works but you will need to add your check to see if the player has powerup. Lets assume you define an instance variable to be true on the player called player.has_pap_pu when they have the powerup. This function would change the box message:

function new_box_trigger_hint()
{
	foreach( chest in level.chests )
		chest.unitrigger_stub.prompt_and_visibility_func = &boxtrigger_update_prompt;
}

function boxtrigger_update_prompt( player )
{
	can_use = self zm_magicbox::boxstub_update_prompt( player ) && !player.has_pap_pu;
	if(isdefined(self.hint_string))
	{
		if (IsDefined(self.hint_parm1))
			self SetHintString( self.hint_string, self.hint_parm1 );
		else
			self SetHintString( self.hint_string );
	}
	if( !can_use && player.has_pap_pu )
		self SetHintString( "" );
	return can_use;
}

There are 2 things to note about this:

1 - The players need to be given the instance variable player.has_pap_pu = false; at the start of the match and that needs to be set to true when the powerup is given.

2 - #using scripts\zm\_zm_magicbox; needs to be added to your script if it is not already there

ModmeBot:

ZoekMeMaar

I tested the function for the pack a punch but it only works when power is not active, if the power is active it will just say 2500 to upgrade

A bit of a hackish way to get around it, but it will work:

trig thread always_invisible( self )

function always_invisible( player )
{
	while( player.has_pap_pu )
	{
		self SetVisibleToTeam( "axis" ); 
		wait(0.05); 
	}

self SetVisibleToTeam( "allies" );
}

ModmeBot:

ZoekMeMaar
natesmithzombies
ZoekMeMaar

I tested the function for the pack a punch but it only works when power is not active, if the power is active it will just say 2500 to upgrade

A bit of a hackish way to get around it, but it will work:

trig thread always_invisible( self )

function always_invisible( player )
{
	while( player.has_pap_pu )
	{
		self SetVisibleToTeam( "axis" ); 
		wait(0.05); 
	}

self SetVisibleToTeam( "allies" );
}

Thanks for all the help you're giving me btw, Hope this works.

If you get stuck send me a PM on here, although I recommend working through problems yourself if possible. I got good because nobody ever wanted to help me lol. I am happy it worked out that way though because now I am capable of most things alone. You are off to a killer start by actually reading my scripts instead of just copying and pasting

ZoekMeMaar:

-----Update-----
The timed version had a bug that let you upgraded your gun then u could have it forever.(FIXED)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ping998
Did you make the power-up model yourself?

ZoekMeMaar:

Ping998
Did you make the power-up model yourself?

Nope, used the original pap machine and made it smaller ;)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: tbone-5
There is a bug with Mule Kick when you only have two weapons & not three, it would Pack the weapon but you would keep the normal version of the weapon or wonder weapon as well, so you could exploit it to have two of the same wonder weapons. Here is the fixed Function without that Bug just a small Bug i thought i would let you know about, your power-up came in handy for something i was working on & that bug bothered me

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Leonardo745
Hi, i'm trying to do an EE that's rewards Pack-a-punching the gun.
I just do not know how to PaP the gun. I tried to adapt your script but I could not do this.
Anyone can help me ?

sharpgamers4you:

can anyone send me the donwload? the donwload link doesn't work anymore

EDIT: okay i got it from discord, but i now see a rectangle like no pap model inside the drop anyone help?

Flamepig88:

can anyone send me the donwload? the donwload link doesn't work anymore

EDIT: okay i got it from discord, but i now see a rectangle like no pap model inside the drop anyone help?

which discord server did you get it from?

sharpgamers4you:

which discord server did you get it from?

I got it from black ops 3 mod tools

jfuvv:

I got it from black ops 3 mod tools

any chance of joining that server discord Xhaiil#2500

sharpgamers4you:

any chance of joining that server discord Xhaiil#2500

You should be able to but i cant make an invite

sharpgamers4you:

But the file is currently not working as it should, like there is just a green light and no sounds i just got some scripts i’ll upload it when i have everything

jfuvv:

But the file is currently not working as it should, like there is just a green light and no sounds i just got some scripts i’ll upload it when i have everything

thanks man drop me a message one you do

bitwarrior:

Can you give a new download link is corrupted

sharpgamers4you:

Can you give a new download link is corrupted

I reuploaded a full pack of custom power ups here http://sg4y-avt-community-forum.164216.n8.nabble.com/Assets-f144.html

Here is the mainpage of all assets!

http://sg4y-avt-community-forum.164216.n8.nabble.com/Assets-f144.html

Feel free to send me the assets you want me to make a backup of so if lost you still can get it!

Flamepig88:

I reuploaded a full pack of custom power ups here http://sg4y-avt-community-forum.164216.n8.nabble.com/Assets-f144.html

Here is the mainpage of all assets!

Feel free to send me the assets you want me to make a backup of so if lost you still can get it!

Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it!

sharpgamers4you:

thanks man drop me a message one you do

Its up bro i made a download link right here,
http://sg4y-avt-community-forum.164216.n8.nabble.com/Custom-Power-Up-Pack-td160.html

Here is a link to all assets To download other assets

If you have any assets and you want to make a backup send them to me so its always available for download :)

sharpgamers4you:

Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it!

Anytime bro hit me up if you need anything :)

Flamepig88:

Anytime bro hit me up if you need anything :)

I was wondering if you could help me with Madgaz Wunderfizz 2.0. Everytime I try to buy it my game crashes but all the other perks work fine, any help would be appreciated!

sharpgamers4you:

I was wondering if you could help me with Madgaz Wunderfizz 2.0. Everytime I try to buy it my game crashes but all the other perks work fine, any help would be appreciated!

There is something wrong with your mapname.gsc and csc i would suggest to watch a video tutorial instead of the text instructions since people easily makes mistakes on scripts but youtube video will show you the correct way

ZoekMeMaar:

LINKS UPDATED

Fanatic:

Is there a way to disable this for specific weapons? ie. the Apothicon Servant?