Modme Forums

[Tutorial] How to change the mystery box model

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Lethal Peelz

So i have been making a custom mysterybox model for my csgo map and after alot of testing i finally found a method that works.

The first thing to do is setting up the model. This depends if your mystery box has unique animations but for this tutorial im just gonna replace the model. What i did for this box is i binded tag_origin and tag_animate with the mesh group and binded j_hinge to the hinge.

After that's done, you just export the model and then export2bin or use kronos. then you put the xmodel in model_export and set it up in APE.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to set the model type to animated, otherwise it wont play the animations

FORGET THIS

[Next thing to do is editing the zbarrier for the mystery box. Search for zbarrier in the GDT tab. In that gdt you will find a zbarrier called "zmcore_mysterybox". First thing to do is to duplicate the zbarrier and call it "zmcore_mysterybox_copy". This will be used to set the original box back to normal if you dont want your box anymore.

Now the last thing to do is to edit the original zbarrier. Just replace the models and anims and for this im just going to change "p7_zm_der_magic_box" to my model. If you want to you can also change the animations like if you were porting the origins mystery box.

Now save, compile and enjoy;)

]

BIG EDIT:

I messed up. Dont change the stock mystery box. Instead of using the copy as a backup, use it for the custom mystery box. When your done with the mystery box go into your map and stamp the mystery box and then select the zbarrier and select REMAP CLASS. And then select the custom zbarrier you made and your done

I am very sorry for the mistake i made. And Thanks to Zeroy and Aka. Graffiti for pointing this out

And yes this does work for Pack a punch too.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Dan9977

Can you explain this further? I'm trying to use the shadows of evil box but i dont know how to set up the animations?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Lethal Peelz

Dan9977

Can you explain this further? I'm trying to use the shadows of evil box but i dont know how to set up the animations?

I haven't tried this yet but im pretty sure that it goes like this.

First get the models and anims form wraith. Then put the model into a scene in maya. Bind it, save and export it. Now import the seanim into the scene and then select tag_origin and select hierachy and export the anim. Now export2bin and put the model in model_export and xanim_empty.

Now in APE set up the model as i showed. and when it comes to the animations, go to the model tab and select the SOE box and then select the xanim. Make sure to check "Use Bones (Not Viewmodel)" and the type has to be set in "delta".

Continue with the rest of the tutorial and when you replace the model. Then just replace the anims as well such as "o_zombie_magic_box_close" or "o_zombie_magic_box_open".

When it comes to the sounds. Just get the sounds for the SOE box and then replace the mystery box sound with a Soundalias. There is a tutorial here on how to do it http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=789

Good luck. I hope it works out for you. Please post a screenshot when your done ok

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

Lethal
Dan9977

First get the models and anims form wraith. Then put the model into a scene in maya. Bind it, save and export it. Now import the seanim into the scene and then select tag_origin and select hierachy and export the anim. Now export2bin and put the model in model_export and xanim_empty.

Now in APE set up the model as i showed. and when it comes to the animations, go to the model tab and select the SOE box and then select the xanim. Make sure to check "Use Bones (Not Viewmodel)" and the type has to be set in "delta".

Continue with the rest of the tutorial and when you replace the model. Then just replace the anims as well such as "o_zombie_magic_box_close" or "o_zombie_magic_box_open".

When it comes to the sounds. Just get the sounds for the SOE box and then replace the mystery box sound with a Soundalias. There is a tutorial here on how to do it http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=789

Good luck. I hope it works out for you. Please post a screenshot when your done ok

Sorry im a big noob. How do you import Seanims? ive tried just dragging and dropping like you do with tanims but it doesnt work.

ModmeBot:

I had trouble with this myself. you have to download a .seanim plugin and then you have to press the seanim tab and then select "Import SEANIM". You still cant drag and drop you have to press import. Here is the download guide http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/wraith/seanim_format/

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

Lethal

I had trouble with this myself. you have to download a .seanim plugin and then you have to press the seanim tab and then select "Import SEANIM". You still cant drag and drop you have to press import. Here is the download guide http://phabricator.aviacreations.com/w/apps/wraith/seanim_format/

Thanks! Your a good help!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Dan9977

Lethal
Dan9977

I'm 99% sure I did everything right but the animations don't play in game.

ModmeBot:

Dan9977
Lethal
Dan9977

Did you make sure to set it on use bones and set it to delta. If you have then just try to re-export the anims it again. That or set the box model to rigid or animated. i dont know what it is tho. im guessing animated

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Kingslayer Kyle

Dan9977
Lethal
Dan9977

Dan, If you get this working can you upload it to the site?

I'd love the SOE box but I'm a noob when it comes to models and maya and stuff

ModmeBot:

Reply By: ZeRoY

Editing the stock Zbarrier is not the way to go about this. All you need to do is to DERIVE the stock zbarrier and rename so that the last suffix remain the same. you can then edit the prefab to match your new zbarrier name.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: akagraffiti

Like zeroy said u need to derive it ur messing up ur stock magic box. I'll be releasing a tut with all the magic boxs in a drag in drop been working on them for like 2 to 3 months now, but im shit at scripting these fx, and been busy on other things.

ModmeBot:

ZeRoY

Editing the stock Zbarrier is not the way to go about this. All you need to do is to DERIVE the stock zbarrier and rename so that the last suffix remain the same. you can then edit the prefab to match your new zbarrier name.

Im sorry. I just found a method that works, but thank you for pointing it out. I have changed the tutorial so now its the right method. Thanks for the help.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Tjmoney030589
Did anyone ever make a tutorial for doing this??? Thanks for any help :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Harry Bo21

Lethal Peelz
ZeRoYEditing the stock Zbarrier is not the way to go about this. All you need to do is to DERIVE the stock zbarrier and rename so that the last suffix remain the same. you can then edit the prefab to match your new zbarrier name. Im sorry. I just found a method that works, but thank you for pointing it out. I have changed the tutorial so now its the right method. Thanks for the help.

it is a tutorial

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Tjmoney030589
Yeah sorry, I worded it wrong lol What I meant was has anyone did a video tutorial I am a visual learner, I've tried this but it doesn't ever work for me. lol