Modme Forums

Playing Video Cutscene

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Abnormal202

Like the title says, how do you play a cutscene in-game? One that makes all of the players' screen show a video.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Gbergz

I believe its not possible just yet, though uptownpapi have a tutorial up (i think) how to create a video ingame not a cutscene tho.

EDIT: He plays a clip of Game Of Thrones ingame.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Kingslayer Kyle

Gbergz

I believe its not possible just yet, though uptownpapi have a tutorial up (i think) how to create a video ingame not a cutscene tho.

You could set one of these screens outside of the map and somewhere in nates teleporter script there's the part that teleports you to the black box? Use that to put all players @ the screen

Just an idea

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Kingslayer
Gbergz

You could set one of these screens outside of the map and somewhere in nates teleporter script there's the part that teleports you to the black box? Use that to put all players @ the screen

Just an idea

I thought of that, but that would be kind of weird considering they could still turn around, move, shoot and throw grenades during the cutscene.

I feel like there's got to be a simpler way

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

Abnormal202
Kingslayer
Gbergz

Just an idea

I thought of that, but that would be kind of weird considering they could still turn around, move, shoot and throw grenades during the cutscene.

Well it's a nice addon ;)

A cutscene while there are zombies and you can do everything. Feels like Devil May Cry 3 where you can keep fighting demons while the credits are rolling.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Kingslayer Kyle

Abnormal202
Kingslayer
Gbergz

Just an idea

You can just set the player at the origin, throw them inside a clip so they float, disable controls and set drawgun to 0

FreezeControls is a function

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Abnormal202

Kingslayer
Abnormal202
Kingslayer
Gbergz

Just an idea

You can just set the player at the origin, throw them inside a clip so they float, disable controls and set drawgun to 0

FreezeControls is a function

seems rather elaborate, but I will try it. Unless anyone knows any other ways to do it, maybe using the HUD? I don't really know HUD scripting all that well.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Scorpiolo

As of right now the only way to do it is in game, its not possible to have it work like they do in the Treyarch maps as of now.