Modme Forums

Choose starting weapon script?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: NINJAMAN829
My map is going to have 4 or 5 pistols that are similar to the mr6 and I wanted to see if there was a way each player could individually choose which pistol they wanted to use out of those options to give more freedom to what the wish.

If anybody has any ideas, that be great thanks. :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: easyskanka
i dont know how you would do it, but could you use

level.start_weapon = (getWeapon("your_weapon_name"));

somehow and add your other pistols in as a random chance at spawn? they wouldn't be able to choose which pistol they want to use but would at least change it up on every game

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

easyskanka
i dont know how you would do it, but could you use level.start_weapon = (getWeapon("your_weapon_name")); somehow and add your other pistols in as a random chance at spawn? they wouldn't be able to choose which pistol they want to use but would at least change it up on every game

Ive asked Natesmithzombies to do that as a request on his website and nothing happened, i'll make a post about getting a random starting weapon every game

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

NINJAMAN829
My map is going to have 4 or 5 pistols that are similar to the mr6 and I wanted to see if there was a way each player could individually choose which pistol they wanted to use out of those options to give more freedom to what the wish. If anybody has any ideas, that be great thanks. :D

I think i saw a post about a "chose your starting pistol" script... I'll search for it.

What about this one?

http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=915

ModmeBot:

Reply By: easyskanka
Ooooh thats exactly what i needed

ModmeBot:

easyskanka
Ooooh thats exactly what i needed

Awesome :D

ModmeBot:

Reply By: NINJAMAN829

soul-toktzt
NINJAMAN829 My map is going to have 4 or 5 pistols that are similar to the mr6 and I wanted to see if there was a way each player could individually choose which pistol they wanted to use out of those options to give more freedom to what the wish. If anybody has any ideas, that be great thanks. :D I think i saw a post about a "chose your starting pistol" script... I'll search for it. What about this one? http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=915

That's close, but I want each player to be able to choose their own weapon. Not me to decide beforehand what weapon each person gets

ModmeBot:

NINJAMAN829
soul-toktzt NINJAMAN829 My map is going to have 4 or 5 pistols that are similar to the mr6 and I wanted to see if there was a way each player could individually choose which pistol they wanted to use out of those options to give more freedom to what the wish. If anybody has any ideas, that be great thanks. :D I think i saw a post about a "chose your starting pistol" script... I'll search for it. What about this one? http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=915 That's close, but I want each player to be able to choose their own weapon. Not me to decide beforehand what weapon each person gets

I saw that one somewhere... idk where so i'll have to search a bit, give me some time xD.

EDIT: i Found it, but it's not solved: This post

If someone can help out and give NINJAMAN829 a script thingy to start without any guns...
He can add the guns as a wallbuy, change the price to 0 and he has his "choose your starting pistol" :)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: NINJAMAN829

soul-toktzt
NINJAMAN829 soul-toktzt NINJAMAN829 My map is going to have 4 or 5 pistols that are similar to the mr6 and I wanted to see if there was a way each player could individually choose which pistol they wanted to use out of those options to give more freedom to what the wish. If anybody has any ideas, that be great thanks. :D I think i saw a post about a "chose your starting pistol" script... I'll search for it. What about this one? http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=915 That's close, but I want each player to be able to choose their own weapon. Not me to decide beforehand what weapon each person gets I saw that one somewhere... idk where so i'll have to search a bit, give me some time xD. EDIT: i Found it, but it's not solved: This post If someone can help out and give NINJAMAN829 a script thingy to start without any guns... He can add the guns as a wallbuy, change the price to 0 and he has his "choose your starting pistol" :)

Kinda like that but when you spawn, you have like a menu that has multiple options for a starting weapon, not wallbuys. Like how the ugx mod does when you choose a gamemode and such, except its for the starting weapon

ModmeBot:

NINJAMAN829
soul-toktzt NINJAMAN829 soul-toktzt NINJAMAN829 My map is going to have 4 or 5 pistols that are similar to the mr6 and I wanted to see if there was a way each player could individually choose which pistol they wanted to use out of those options to give more freedom to what the wish. If anybody has any ideas, that be great thanks. :D I think i saw a post about a "chose your starting pistol" script... I'll search for it. What about this one? http://aviacreations.com/modme/index.php?view=topic&tid=915 That's close, but I want each player to be able to choose their own weapon. Not me to decide beforehand what weapon each person gets I saw that one somewhere... idk where so i'll have to search a bit, give me some time xD. EDIT: i Found it, but it's not solved: This post If someone can help out and give NINJAMAN829 a script thingy to start without any guns... He can add the guns as a wallbuy, change the price to 0 and he has his "choose your starting pistol" :) Kinda like that but when you spawn, you have like a menu that has multiple options for a starting weapon, not wallbuys. Like how the ugx mod does when you choose a gamemode and such, except its for the starting weapon

Hmmm.... I can't help you with that, i don't know alot about scripting, let alone the UGX game-mode scripting.