Modme Forums

permanent power up to pick up

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Ahmed02354
how do I put a power-up that stays there till you take it, as example in mob of the dead and shadows of evil in the starting room

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Dan9977
I use this to spawn a max ammo. In radiant make a script struct with the tareget name "max_ammo_drop_spot" where you want the power up to spawn.

spot = struct::get( "max_ammo_drop_spot", "targetname" );
    spot thread zm_powerups::specific_powerup_drop( "full_ammo", spot.origin,undefined ,undefined ,undefined , undefined, true );

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Ahmed02354

Dan9977
I use this to spawn a max ammo. In radiant make a script struct with the tareget name "max_ammo_drop_spot" where you want the power up to spawn. spot = struct::get( "max_ammo_drop_spot", "targetname" ); spot thread zm_powerups::specific_powerup_drop( "full_ammo", spot.origin,undefined ,undefined ,undefined , undefined, true );

I did this but it doesnt spawn?

ModmeBot:

Ahmed02354
Dan9977 I use this to spawn a max ammo. In radiant make a script struct with the tareget name "max_ammo_drop_spot" where you want the power up to spawn. spot = struct::get( "max_ammo_drop_spot", "targetname" ); spot thread zm_powerups::specific_powerup_drop( "full_ammo", spot.origin,undefined ,undefined ,undefined , undefined, true ); I did this but it doesnt spawn?

Try putting this in your zone file
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/_zm_powerups.gsc
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/_zm_powerups.csc

ModmeBot:

what code lol

ModmeBot:

Dan9977
Ahmed02354 Dan9977 I use this to spawn a max ammo. In radiant make a script struct with the tareget name "max_ammo_drop_spot" where you want the power up to spawn. spot = struct::get( "max_ammo_drop_spot", "targetname" ); spot thread zm_powerups::specific_powerup_drop( "full_ammo", spot.origin,undefined ,undefined ,undefined , undefined, true ); I did this but it doesnt spawn? Can I see your code?

Where in notepad do I have to put in in scripts, under which line?

ModmeBot:

What exactly are you trying to do?

ModmeBot:

I got it.

I had it pasted underneath funtion buyable_powerup and not under thread init_power();

I am a noob at scripting but have it now, thanks