Modme Forums

Round Sound Problem (Or Aliases Problem In General)

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: Wild
Hello. I have triend so many times to fix this problem and I give up so now I am making this topic. Recently I have been trying to use custom round sounds in my map. I have been following the tutorial on the Modme Wiki 100% and I have tried multiple times. No matter what I do the round sounds just don't play no matter what. I know you need to change the audio setting in Audacity, which I have done, but should my actual speaker audio properties be changed as well? By default the computer audio is at 48000 and 24 bit but even when I switch it to 48000 16 bit it still wont play. All of the audio files themselves are 48000 with 16 bit but do I need to make my actual computer's audio anything specific?

On a side note this may also be the cause. I have tried installing things such as an update to Harry's BO2 guns and some of Rico's new guns. No matter what I do I can't get those sound's to work either. So it's almost of if new aliases that I add just don't work, which in that case would explain why these round sounds do not play. If anyone knows how to fix the problem whhere new aliases don't play then please let me know and maybe it will fix the round sounds as well as everything else that doesn't work.

Thank you so much!

ModmeBot:

Reply By: itznvy

AGC
Hello. I have triend so many times to fix this problem and I give up so now I am making this topic. Recently I have been trying to use custom round sounds in my map. I have been following the tutorial on the Modme Wiki 100% and I have tried multiple times. No matter what I do the round sounds just don't play no matter what. I know you need to change the audio setting in Audacity, which I have done, but should my actual speaker audio properties be changed as well? By default the computer audio is at 48000 and 24 bit but even when I switch it to 48000 16 bit it still wont play. All of the audio files themselves are 48000 with 16 bit but do I need to make my actual computer's audio anything specific? On a side note this may also be the cause. I have tried installing things such as an update to Harry's BO2 guns and some of Rico's new guns. No matter what I do I can't get those sound's to work either. So it's almost of if new aliases that I add just don't work, which in that case would explain why these round sounds do not play. If anyone knows how to fix the problem whhere new aliases don't play then please let me know and maybe it will fix the round sounds as well as everything else that doesn't work. Thank you so much!

Are you using the right Alias?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

itznvy
AGC Hello. I have triend so many times to fix this problem and I give up so now I am making this topic. Recently I have been trying to use custom round sounds in my map. I have been following the tutorial on the Modme Wiki 100% and I have tried multiple times. No matter what I do the round sounds just don't play no matter what. I know you need to change the audio setting in Audacity, which I have done, but should my actual speaker audio properties be changed as well? By default the computer audio is at 48000 and 24 bit but even when I switch it to 48000 16 bit it still wont play. All of the audio files themselves are 48000 with 16 bit but do I need to make my actual computer's audio anything specific? On a side note this may also be the cause. I have tried installing things such as an update to Harry's BO2 guns and some of Rico's new guns. No matter what I do I can't get those sound's to work either. So it's almost of if new aliases that I add just don't work, which in that case would explain why these round sounds do not play. If anyone knows how to fix the problem whhere new aliases don't play then please let me know and maybe it will fix the round sounds as well as everything else that doesn't work. Thank you so much! Are you using the right Alias?

Yes I have tried different tutorials and nothing works. Also like I said no sounds I add weather it be guns or anything work. Old stuff still works, but nothing new works no matter what it is.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

AGC
itznvy AGC Hello. I have triend so many times to fix this problem and I give up so now I am making this topic. Recently I have been trying to use custom round sounds in my map. I have been following the tutorial on the Modme Wiki 100% and I have tried multiple times. No matter what I do the round sounds just don't play no matter what. I know you need to change the audio setting in Audacity, which I have done, but should my actual speaker audio properties be changed as well? By default the computer audio is at 48000 and 24 bit but even when I switch it to 48000 16 bit it still wont play. All of the audio files themselves are 48000 with 16 bit but do I need to make my actual computer's audio anything specific? On a side note this may also be the cause. I have tried installing things such as an update to Harry's BO2 guns and some of Rico's new guns. No matter what I do I can't get those sound's to work either. So it's almost of if new aliases that I add just don't work, which in that case would explain why these round sounds do not play. If anyone knows how to fix the problem whhere new aliases don't play then please let me know and maybe it will fix the round sounds as well as everything else that doesn't work. Thank you so much! Are you using the right Alias? Yes I have tried different tutorials and nothing works. Also like I said no sounds I add weather it be guns or anything work. Old stuff still works, but nothing new works no matter what it is.

Did you check your PC sound? If that works?
Or BO3 Sound settings? Maybe accidently muted it?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: Wild

soul-toktzt
AGC itznvy AGC Hello. I have triend so many times to fix this problem and I give up so now I am making this topic. Recently I have been trying to use custom round sounds in my map. I have been following the tutorial on the Modme Wiki 100% and I have tried multiple times. No matter what I do the round sounds just don't play no matter what. I know you need to change the audio setting in Audacity, which I have done, but should my actual speaker audio properties be changed as well? By default the computer audio is at 48000 and 24 bit but even when I switch it to 48000 16 bit it still wont play. All of the audio files themselves are 48000 with 16 bit but do I need to make my actual computer's audio anything specific? On a side note this may also be the cause. I have tried installing things such as an update to Harry's BO2 guns and some of Rico's new guns. No matter what I do I can't get those sound's to work either. So it's almost of if new aliases that I add just don't work, which in that case would explain why these round sounds do not play. If anyone knows how to fix the problem whhere new aliases don't play then please let me know and maybe it will fix the round sounds as well as everything else that doesn't work. Thank you so much! Are you using the right Alias? Yes I have tried different tutorials and nothing works. Also like I said no sounds I add weather it be guns or anything work. Old stuff still works, but nothing new works no matter what it is. Did you check your PC sound? If that works? Or BO3 Sound settings? Maybe accidently muted it?

They both work fine. Default aliases and custom sounds on custom maps for fine. It's just for my own stuff no aliases seems to work recently.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

AGC
soul-toktzt AGC itznvy AGC Hello. I have triend so many times to fix this problem and I give up so now I am making this topic. Recently I have been trying to use custom round sounds in my map. I have been following the tutorial on the Modme Wiki 100% and I have tried multiple times. No matter what I do the round sounds just don't play no matter what. I know you need to change the audio setting in Audacity, which I have done, but should my actual speaker audio properties be changed as well? By default the computer audio is at 48000 and 24 bit but even when I switch it to 48000 16 bit it still wont play. All of the audio files themselves are 48000 with 16 bit but do I need to make my actual computer's audio anything specific? On a side note this may also be the cause. I have tried installing things such as an update to Harry's BO2 guns and some of Rico's new guns. No matter what I do I can't get those sound's to work either. So it's almost of if new aliases that I add just don't work, which in that case would explain why these round sounds do not play. If anyone knows how to fix the problem whhere new aliases don't play then please let me know and maybe it will fix the round sounds as well as everything else that doesn't work. Thank you so much! Are you using the right Alias? Yes I have tried different tutorials and nothing works. Also like I said no sounds I add weather it be guns or anything work. Old stuff still works, but nothing new works no matter what it is. Did you check your PC sound? If that works? Or BO3 Sound settings? Maybe accidently muted it? They both work fine. Default aliases and custom sounds on custom maps for fine. It's just for my own stuff no aliases seems to work recently.

I don't know ALOT about this kind of stuff, but can you show us the aliase you have for the sounds that doesn't work? Because i managed to change the round sound, so it is possible.

Are the aliases in the right place? <--- Stupid question, but just asking it because sometimes the stupid things are easily the ones that give us problems.

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
Post all of your user aliases that you want to use and the .szc file (usermaps/yourmap/sound/zoneconfig)

ModmeBot:

Reply By: The Black Death

AGC
Hello. I have triend so many times to fix this problem and I give up so now I am making this topic. Recently I have been trying to use custom round sounds in my map. I have been following the tutorial on the Modme Wiki 100% and I have tried multiple times. No matter what I do the round sounds just don't play no matter what. I know you need to change the audio setting in Audacity, which I have done, but should my actual speaker audio properties be changed as well? By default the computer audio is at 48000 and 24 bit but even when I switch it to 48000 16 bit it still wont play. All of the audio files themselves are 48000 with 16 bit but do I need to make my actual computer's audio anything specific? On a side note this may also be the cause. I have tried installing things such as an update to Harry's BO2 guns and some of Rico's new guns. No matter what I do I can't get those sound's to work either. So it's almost of if new aliases that I add just don't work, which in that case would explain why these round sounds do not play. If anyone knows how to fix the problem whhere new aliases don't play then please let me know and maybe it will fix the round sounds as well as everything else that doesn't work. Thank you so much!

Have you got any sound aliases put in which are missing? If so, you should see an error during link from "sndconvert.exe". If so, then you need to remove or comment the missing sound aliases.