Modme Forums

Trigger won’t activate?

Game Modding | Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 | Scripting

ModmeBot:

Thread By: soul-toktzt
Hey all

I got this little script (it's not the actual power btw, those are just roots with a pulse effect).
But for some reason, i can't use the trigger_use.

Can anyone help me out? This should work.

If you have a trigger and brushmodels in a prefab, they should work, right?

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag
The script looks completely fine and should work no problem. the only reason that i can think of that your trigger doesnt work is, that you named it wrong or that the script isn't activated. Add some iprintinbold();'s. There's nothing wrong if they're in a prefab

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

mathfag
The script looks completely fine and should work no problem. the only reason that i can think of that your trigger doesnt work is, that you named it wrong or that the script isn't activated. Add some iprintinbold();'s. There's nothing wrong if they're in a prefab

I named the trigger first, copied the targetname and pasted it in the script, so there's no way it could be wrong.

But i added a second trigger, and that one did work (the same trigger, with a "2" behind it).

ModmeBot:

Reply By: mathfag

soul-toktzt
mathfag The script looks completely fine and should work no problem. the only reason that i can think of that your trigger doesnt work is, that you named it wrong or that the script isn't activated. Add some iprintinbold();'s. There's nothing wrong if they're in a prefab I named the trigger first, copied the targetname and pasted it in the script, so there's no way it could be wrong. But i added a second trigger, and that one did work (the same trigger, with a "2" behind it).

What kind of sorcery is this

ModmeBot:

Reply By: soul-toktzt

mathfag
soul-toktzt mathfag The script looks completely fine and should work no problem. the only reason that i can think of that your trigger doesnt work is, that you named it wrong or that the script isn't activated. Add some iprintinbold();'s. There's nothing wrong if they're in a prefab I named the trigger first, copied the targetname and pasted it in the script, so there's no way it could be wrong. But i added a second trigger, and that one did work (the same trigger, with a "2" behind it). What kind of sorcery is this

All i can think of is maybe something went wrong and "skipped" that trigger in the compiler / linker, but i tried it 4 times.

Either way, it's fixed :)